Arethra Franklin

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I believe her name is Aretha.
Perhaps you're thinking of "Urethra" - which is something completely different. :lmao:

FB_IMG_1534355653277.jpg

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
From TMZ...20 minutes ago.

"Aretha Franklin, known for having one of the greatest voices in music history, and for hits like "Respect," and "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" ... died Thursday after a long battle with advanced pancreatic cancer."

Aretha passed away in her Detroit home where she was under hospice care. She'd been in failing health for many months and she was down to 86 pounds. One source told us he was informed more than a week ago that Aretha could go at any time."

Being a pancreatic survivor, and having lost 3 family members to it, this hits real close to home.

May the Holy as she knew it accept her soul in warm welcome.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Aretha Franklin… Thank you for sharing your talents with the world. May you rest in peace.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I learned something tonight. I learned that Otis Redding wrote the lyrics to "Respect". Loved him and Aretha!

RIP to one of the legends our our time. :bawl:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I learned something tonight. I learned that Otis Redding wrote the lyrics to "Respect". Loved him and Aretha!

RIP to one of the legends our our time. :bawl:

Same here on Respect, saw Otis made the comment that she really stole the song away from him with her rendition.
Kind of like when Trent Reznor said that Hurt was a Johnny Cash song after Johnny covered it.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I had forgotten she was in the original Blues Brothers movie, then again in the 2000 reboot.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I had forgotten she was in the original Blues Brothers movie, then again in the 2000 reboot.

:singer: Sing it! Her sound and her voice! I don't know how anyone can sit still listening to her music. #chairdancing