Lesbian Batwoman, coming to your living room

The CW network has gone completely inclusive and have gone to great lengths in their commercials to let everyone know. I used to like watching Supergirl and some of their other shows, but it got to the point where the show's focus was entirely on inclusiveness and very little about good guys vs bad guys or scifi.

I'm ok with inclusive, but take exception to having it crammed down my throat at every opportunity. I'll return to watching CW when they come back to reality. And they will eventually, just a feel good stage right now.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Just wait until next season when EVERY character is a Transgender in an interracial same sex relationship with an illegal alien!

:jet:

glhs837

Power with Control
She's been a lesbian in the comics for quite a while (2006 when she was reintroduced after being written out in 1964), so it's no surprise that the show would take that approach. Pandering it might be, but it's not that new.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't read comic books and am surprised when adults admit that they do. It's weird. Read a real book, people.

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm sure that's coming, too. Or maybe a transgender superhero.

The CW network has gone completely inclusive and have gone to great lengths in their commercials to let everyone know. I used to like watching Supergirl and some of their other shows, but it got to the point where the show's focus was entirely on inclusiveness and very little about good guys vs bad guys or scifi.

I'm ok with inclusive, but take exception to having it crammed down my throat at every opportunity. I'll return to watching CW when they come back to reality. And they will eventually, just a feel good stage right now.

I don't read comic books and am surprised when adults admit that they do. It's weird. Read a real book, people.

I actually dont read them, and do read real books, a couple/three a month. I had read that about her since I do watch the DC "Arrowverse" series and this came to light when they annouced the casting for this series. Great stuff to have on while I iron and such. Like GW, some of the social posturing got a bit deep at times, but that's a good time to let it blow past you. Even though they do lay it on a bit thick at times, they also seem to take an effort to keep things level. The gay characters are just regular characters who happen to be gay, sort of like the real gay people you might know. Like Mitch and Cam on Modern Family.

stgislander

PREMO Member
She's been a lesbian in the comics for quite a while (2006 when she was reintroduced after being written out in 1964), so it's no surprise that the show would take that approach. Pandering it might be, but it's not that new.

:yay:

stgislander

PREMO Member
I actually dont read them, and do read real books, a couple/three a month. I had read that about her since I do watch the DC "Arrowverse" series and this came to light when they annouced the casting for this series. Great stuff to have on while I iron and such. Like GW, some of the social posturing got a bit deep at times, but that's a good time to let it blow past you. Even though they do lay it on a bit thick at times, they also seem to take an effort to keep things level. The gay characters are just regular characters who happen to be gay, sort of like the real gay people you might know. Like Mitch and Cam on Modern Family.

It is like when "Arrow" took on the topic of gun control. I really expected it to be a gun ownership bashing episode, but was genuinely please how they handled both sides of the augment.

glhs837

Power with Control
It is like when "Arrow" took on the topic of gun control. I really expected it to be a gun ownership bashing episode, but was genuinely please how they handled both sides of the augment.

The lesbian on Supergirl, who after a breakup had a one night stand attending a wedding was pretty funny. Thats the reason these shows work so well is that at heart, it's about relatively normal people dealing with crazy stuff, and normal stuff. If the chracters were one dimensional, they wouldnt last five or six seasons. Like that show "Being Human". Even though they were not normal people, the really wanted to be.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Electra Woman and Dyna Girl were clearly lesbians, but there wasn't a big deal made about it and nobody cared.

Fun fact: Electra Woman was played by Deidre Hall, who went on the play Dr. Marlena Evans on Days of Our Lives for more than 40 years.

Hank

my war
Electra Woman and Dyna Girl were clearly lesbians, but there wasn't a big deal made about it and nobody cared.

Fun fact: Electra Woman was played by Deidre Hall, who went on the play Dr. Marlena Evans on Days of Our Lives for more than 40 years.

Wonder Woman was from Themyscira. You know she was a Scissor Sister....