Omarosa

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's pretty clear she's lying. Every single person she's mentioned in her book and interviews says it's bull####, and she keeps making up stuff as she goes along, contradicting things that she'd said previously.

Of course the progs are gobbling this up, but even Lefty Trump-hater interviewers are raising their eyebrows at her crazy narrative and her (illegally recorded) tapes that don't back up what she's peddling. And they WANT to believe it.

So #1, why would she do this? It's not like her book is going to be a best seller. Is she really that stupid and vindictive? I don't know anything about this woman other than basics - I've never seen one episode of The Apprentice - but her reputation is of a conniving viperous woman who would stab someone in the back just for fun.

Co- #1, why on earth would Trump embrace this person and give her a chance? She brought nothing to the administration, that I'm aware of. Maybe it was a "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" deal? Trump does tend to cultivate his enemies (hello, Mitt Romney), and when that doesn't work he lays waste to them.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Why did Anita Hill lie her ass of in front of Congress :shrug:

15 min of fame and 10,000 dollar a speech speaking tours

I'm hoping she gets charged and convicted for recording conversations in the White House

Grumpy

1) Book not released yet but it's #5 on Amazon's best seller list.

Co#1) I look at Trump the same as football coaches/owners (Jerry Jones? Al Davis? Steinbrenner?) that take on talented basket cases/bad boys..His ego drives him to think he can turn anyone's life around. Trump got snookered on Omarosa.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
1) Book not released yet but it's #5 on Amazon's best seller list.

I regard Amazon and the NYT Best Seller Lists as worthless bull####.

How can you say a book is a best seller when no one has bought it yet?

Also, HRCs current book and the title Hard Choices were also on those lists and they always end up in COSTCO and BJs Warehouse for a dollar.

I don't understand why she hasn't been arrested for a flagrant violation of high-level security protocols.

Grumpy

Agree, just reporting what I heard on the radio this AM when someone said how in the hell do they expect to make money on it. I guess they count pre-orders on amazon.

Clem72

Don't know how the NYT does it, but I believe Amazon claims their list is wholly dependent on sales so that means a lot of people have been pre-ordering her book (or not a lot, but there isn't much competition in whatever narrow category it falls into).

Grumpy said:
Co#1) I look at Trump the same as football coaches/owners (Jerry Jones? Al Davis? Steinbrenner?) that take on talented basket cases/bad boys..His ego drives him to think he can turn anyone's life around. Trump got snookered on Omarosa.

And I thought it was more along the lines that she is a outspoken black woman who he worked well with previously (fake TV drama aside) that he believed would work to make him look good as she "owed" him one for making her famous. I guess she didn't see it the same way.

mAlice

professional daydreamer

Pre-orders?

I've read on a couple of occasions that Amazon manipulates the reviews on their site. Additionally, I think there's an impact to reviews if you have/have not purchased the book from amazon.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And I thought it was more along the lines that she is a outspoken black woman who he worked well with previously (fake TV drama aside) that he believed would work to make him look good as she "owed" him one for making her famous. I guess she didn't see it the same way.

I think this is probably right. Serious sistah is going to look good in Trump's photo ops.

But stories of Trump's loyalty and generosity toward those who've worked for him are legion. CNN doesn't like to tell you those stories because it doesn't fit their narrative, but if you watch Fox you see these folks all the time. So part of me thinks that maybe Trump was just being generous because he admired her spunk, which would make him nice but not very smart because apparently everyone in the US except for me knew of Omarosa's penchant for backstabbing.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maybe it was because she said great things about him.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-she-said-great-things-about-me-idUSKBN1KY1U4

“When Gen. Kelly came on board he told me she was a loser & nothing but problems. I told him to try working it out, if possible, because she only said GREAT things about me - until she got fired!” he wrote in a series of posts on Twitter.

Yeah, Trump showed poor character judgement with his first Chief of Staff, too. The good news is that it doesn't take him long to see what they are and give them the boot.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Odd thing is, people have been digging into Trump and the Apprentice for 3 yrs now ..... lots of stuff turned up, no one has turned up ###### in any conversation

‘So many contradictions’: Omarosa can’t keep her N-word story straight; Trump calls her a ‘dog’

The escalation in the war of words from the White House comes after this report from Yasah Ali chronicling the many versions Omarosa has given for the now infamous N-word tape from the president’s days hosting “The Apprentice.”

Ali tweets, “Omarosa has offered so many contradictions on this alleged “N-word” tape it’s kind of astonishing”:

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1029197649834962944[/TWITTER]

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1029198743067750400[/TWITTER]

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1029199154101121024[/TWITTER]

Ron Perlman shares tweet on N-word tape from ‘Apprentice’ producer: ‘There are far worse’ … But there’s just one tiny problem…

Last edited:

SamSpade

So #1, why would she do this? It's not like her book is going to be a best seller. Is she really that stupid and vindictive? I don't know anything about this woman other than basics - I've never seen one episode of The Apprentice - but her reputation is of a conniving viperous woman who would stab someone in the back just for fun.

Co- #1, why on earth would Trump embrace this person and give her a chance? She brought nothing to the administration, that I'm aware of. Maybe it was a "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" deal? Trump does tend to cultivate his enemies (hello, Mitt Romney), and when that doesn't work he lays waste to them.

I've read from a few sources that have said a LOT of people were opposed to Trump hiring her.
She's the scorpion in the Scorpion and the Frog fable - she'll sting you anyway, even if it still means her own demise. It's in her nature.

As to your second question - who knows? Maybe you're right. I believe that is EXACTLY why Obama put Hillary at SecState. It wasn't an honor, it was a leash.
Maybe he actually saw talent where everyone else saw a Judas. It sure doesn't fit what we know of Trump highly valuing loyalty.

But - she's going to get her fifteen minutes. She would NOT have gotten any traction had she written a book PRAISING Trump.

What I don't get is -

1. What made her think taping conversations in the White House was a good idea and
2. How in God's name does someone get away with taping things in the White House - the ready room - anywhere in the West Wing?

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I think this is probably right. Serious sistah is going to look good in Trump's photo ops.

But stories of Trump's loyalty and generosity toward those who've worked for him are legion. CNN doesn't like to tell you those stories because it doesn't fit their narrative, but if you watch Fox you see these folks all the time. So part of me thinks that maybe Trump was just being generous because he admired her spunk, which would make him nice but not very smart because apparently everyone in the US except for me knew of Omarosa's penchant for backstabbing.

I think you've hit it exactly right if what I read early on (i.e., before Trump won the election) is true; that she was quite the attack dog. A good grass roots "organizer"/frenzy whipper-upper. And right again; her spot in the WH was a reward for that (and I think his hope was that she would be satisfied with what she got (which was actually a big deal considering how many supporters compete for so few slots). But as was said in another post to this thread: a scorpion be a scorpion....

--- End of line (MCP)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As to your second question - who knows? Maybe you're right. I believe that is EXACTLY why Obama put Hillary at SecState. It wasn't an honor, it was a leash.

I always saw that as a pay off. Hillary can step aside and be Sec of State, or she can continue to campaign against the Magic Negro and have the whole DNC and MSM pile on her until she dies a political death and gets nothing.

I was surprised that Obama didn't replace Joe Biden with Hillary in his second term, giving her a leg up for 2016. But, as has been noted, what kind of idiot wants his heartbeat to be the only thing standing between Hillary and the presidency?

Hijinx

I always saw that as a pay off. Hillary can step aside and be Sec of State, or she can continue to campaign against the Magic Negro and have the whole DNC and MSM pile on her until she dies a political death and gets nothing.

I was surprised that Obama didn't replace Joe Biden with Hillary in his second term, giving her a leg up for 2016. But, as has been noted, what kind of idiot wants his heartbeat to be the only thing standing between Hillary and the presidency?

Lots of good ideas as to why she was in the WH , I agree with most, but as with Sessions, it was a big mistake.
I bet this lady (pretty hard to call her that) doesn't realize yet that the only person she has screwed is herself.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I heard on the news at noon that the president has filed some sort of arbitration action against Omarosa. I guess that's not exactly a lawsuit, but rather action against her because she is violating their confidentiality agreement. He had one with everybody that joined the campaign in 2016 and also the ones who came onboard as Administration employees. Hell, she's already put the best she has out there, so she knows what she's doing! That gutter snipe said just enough to get it out in the public so she could get all kinds of publicity and make the talk show circuit. I am 100% convinced she knew full well she was violating that agreement.

transporter

It's pretty clear she's lying. Every single person she's mentioned in her book and interviews says it's bull####, and she keeps making up stuff as she goes along, contradicting things that she'd said previously.

Why do you care if she is lying? Trump spends every waking minute of every day lying to you...you believe him.
Of course the progs are gobbling this up, but even Lefty Trump-hater interviewers are raising their eyebrows at her crazy narrative and her (illegally recorded) tapes that don't back up what she's peddling. And they WANT to believe it.

So far I have not seen one person show that what she did was illegal. Unethical...unbelievable...unconscionable...yup...but those are all the character traits of Trump and his administration. She fit right in.

Duh...money...name recognition...face time on TV used to land her next job

Trump already answered that and he answered it in exactly the way you would expect. She said "GREAT" (caps were Trumps') things about him. As the entire world knows, the easiest way to play Trump, to get him to fold, is to stroke his ego.

She did exactly what Trump hired her to do...bow before the King...kiss his ring. NOTHING else matters to Trump...other than Trump and the adulation of Trump.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Omarosa's Long History of Being Fired

I don't remember this, but there ya' go...

the former political appointee — who spoke glowingly of her White House days — was banished from four jobs in two years with the Clinton administration.

...she couldn’t get along with people.

“she didn’t do her job, and it got everybody in trouble,” says a former Gore staffer.

“I’m a moving target. As soon as they think they’ve figured Omarosa out, I’ve already moved on to a whole different industry.”

https://people.com/celebrity/omarosas-long-history-of-being-fired/

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/omarosa-fired-from-clinton-white-house/

Last edited: