How anti-Trump texts ruined the career of the FBI’s go-to agent

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
When the FBI tapped him to investigate whether the Trump campaign conspired with Russia to shape the presidential election, agent Peter Strzok was thrilled.

“And damn this feels momentous,” Strzok wrote to an FBI lawyer in July 2016. “Because this matters.”

At that point, the task ahead did not seem too daunting for the celebrated counterintelligence investigator who had spent decades busting terrorists and spies. Donald Trump, a former reality-TV star and the Republican nominee for president, seemed unlikely to win the election. The FBI’s examination of his campaign was a secret. And the public pressure that Strzok faced in his last politically charged case — the investigation of Trump’s opponent, Hillary Clinton — was not quite so intense.

But by the following spring, everything had changed. Trump upset Clinton in the November election, and the FBI director said publicly that the president’s campaign was being examined. A special counsel was appointed to lead the high-stakes case.

Strzok confided in friends that his early enthusiasm had abated.

“The impression I got was that he didn’t want to go and get involved in some political thing that was going to drag out forever and have nothing come of it,” said a former FBI official who discussed the case with Strzok.

The case would come to upend Strzok’s life — airing to the world his marital infidelity and bringing his distinguished, 22-year FBI career to an ignominious end.

A lot more here...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...09212fb69c2_story.html?utm_term=.3142f3e7cc99

This_person

The case would come to upend Strzok’s life — airing to the world his marital infidelity and bringing his distinguished, 22-year FBI career to an ignominious end.

Interesting take. Now, see, I would have thought that the actual infidelity and way he handled the two cases were what brought his career to an end.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Interesting take. Now, see, I would have thought that the actual infidelity and way he handled the two cases were what brought his career to an end.

after reading the article, I think his colleagues would give more weight to the investigations as well.

glhs837

Power with Control

Of course not, it's Trumps fault. Remeber the Rules

1. Everything is Trumps fault.

2. If anything appears to not be Trumps fault, refer back to Rule 1.

Hijinx

After reading that little extract from the WAPO, my heart just bleeds for this POS.

Maybe I will send my 2 cents worth to his Gofundme page.

22AcaciaAve

Trump ruined this man’s career. Strzok was just doing his job. This is sickening.

No, sorry. He did it to himself. He wasn't fired because of the job he was doing. Almost everyone has acknowledged there was no problem with his work. He was fired because he got too careless with his opinions. Most people in corporate America realized that in todays world you better be careful what you put out on social media, keep personal things off of your work laptop, and if you own a work phone you need to keep it professional and work related only. And of all things this man worked for the FBI, and agency that specializes in digging up dirt on people. He was just plain stupid. Maybe his punishment was more severe than expected based on protocol, but whatever he got he brought on himself. Even his friends and supporters within the agency know this.

Many people who worked with Strzok over the years said they did not know what his partisan leanings were until the messages emerged. But even supporters acknowledge his reputation might have sustained a fatal wound from his texts about people he was investigating, on a work phone, to a woman with whom he was having an affair.

“I never saw the political side that’s in his texts, and I mean that,” said Robert Anderson, a former FBI executive who worked with Strzok. “However, I also told him to his face since this happened, ‘Look, I love you, brother, but you stepped in it here.’ ”

littlelady

God bless the USA
No, sorry. He did it to himself. He wasn't fired because of the job he was doing. Almost everyone has acknowledged there was no problem with his work. He was fired because he got too careless with his opinions. Most people in corporate America realized that in todays world you better be careful what you put out on social media, keep personal things off of your work laptop, and if you own a work phone you need to keep it professional and work related only. And of all things this man worked for the FBI, and agency that specializes in digging up dirt on people. He was just plain stupid. Maybe his punishment was more severe than expected based on protocol, but whatever he got he brought on himself. Even his friends and supporters within the agency know this.

Great post.