BATF can't leave a good thing alone.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Just when I start getting in to 50 BMG builds, along comes this crap:

Thanks to a friend of mine for alerting me to an issue concerning Safety Harbor Firearms and other manufacturers of .50 cal uppers. These manufacturers received a letter from the ATF. The letter claims that bolt action .50 cal AR uppers can possibly be considered firearms. I reached out to Walter Keller of Safety Harbor Firearms and he agreed to share the letter with TFB.

Dang.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/07/30/breaking-news-atf-is-classifying-50-cal-bolt-action-ar-uppers-as-firearm/

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
:shocking:

WT Actual F 'two' receivers ... that makes NO Sense

I completely don't "get" how they could consider an upper with a hand-operated bolt group a firearm but an upper with a gas-operated bolt group not a firearm. WTAF??

stgislander

PREMO Member
I completely don't "get" how they could consider an upper with a hand-operated bolt group a firearm but an upper with a gas-operated bolt group not a firearm. WTAF??

That's okay. You don't need to be firing off .50 cal anyway.

At least until you have that special insurance in place. Just looking out for your employees. :whistle:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That's okay. You don't need to be firing off .50 cal anyway.

At least until you have that special insurance in place. Just looking out for your employees. :whistle:

Wuth?..I'm already shooting .50 cal from AR platform. These are just a little bigger buwetts....

black dog

Free America

The upper on a FN FAL is the receiver. Just Say'in....
I just don't see this happening, these have been around what 20 years or so now..