Sit back and wait for the pardon

transporter

Manafort chooses not to testify as defense rests its case

ALEXANDRIA, Va. (AP) — Paul Manafort’s defense rested its case Tuesday without calling any witnesses in the former Trump campaign chairman’s tax evasion and bank fraud trial. Manafort himself chose not to testify.

Manafort offered no defense....nothing. No witnesses to say he didn't do it...no witnesses to the grandeur of his character...Manafort didn't even rise in his own defense.

His lawyers put forth motions to have everything thrown out and those were tossed aside.

Guess it is just time to sit back and wait for Trump to bail him out with a pardon. Manafort is playing a pretty high stakes game of chicken...

glhs837

Power with Control
Manafort chooses not to testify as defense rests its case

Manafort offered no defense....nothing. No witnesses to say he didn't do it...no witnesses to the grandeur of his character...Manafort didn't even rise in his own defense.

His lawyers put forth motions to have everything thrown out and those were tossed aside.

Guess it is just time to sit back and wait for Trump to bail him out with a pardon. Manafort is playing a pretty high stakes game of chicken...

Is it really chicken if you are driving a Semi and the other guy's on a bike, legally speaking, or maybe you are on a a train, I dunno, perhaps a Trump Train? :)

SamSpade

I wouldn't be surprised if he is pardoned - the entire process was a joke. I can't believe Ellis's head didn't explode in exasperation.

Worse - this is somehow considered part of the Mueller investigation, even though it has NOTHING to do with "Russian collusion" or the Trump campaign.
This is trying to frighten a man with what amounts to a life sentence for a crime anyone else would get one or two years.
Because they are hoping he'll "spill the beans" - and he hasn't, because he has no beans to spill.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Is it really chicken if you are driving a Semi and the other guy's on a bike, legally speaking, or maybe you are on a a train, I dunno, perhaps a Trump Train? :)

I wouldn't be surprised if he is pardoned - the entire process was a joke. I can't believe Ellis's head didn't explode in exasperation.

Worse - this is somehow considered part of the Mueller investigation, even though it has NOTHING to do with "Russian collusion" or the Trump campaign.
This is trying to frighten a man with what amounts to a life sentence for a crime anyone else would get one or two years.
Because they are hoping he'll "spill the beans" - and he hasn't, because he has no beans to spill.

:yay:

Hijinx

You hire lawyers and you do what they tell you.

Pretty sure when they give their final statement, they will explain the failures of the prosecution.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
You hire lawyers and you do what they tell you.

Pretty sure when they give their final statement, they will explain the failures of the prosecution.

Exactly. The defense will be in the Defense's closing statement to the jury (Prosecution goes first; the Defense has the last say, I believe). Expect quite a bit will center on discrediting the prosecution's star witness (who admitted to a crime sprees but got immunity to testify against Manafort). Reasonable doubt, folks, reasonable doubt. May not even get to where Mr/Ms Trans has to worry about his/her/xer head exploding.

Then again, might be fun to read the meltdown....

--- End of line (MCP)