Time Lapse Video of Wind Turbine Construction

PeoplesElbow

PRetty cool to watch, I would think that the bulk of the work is in the structure that is under the water though.

How deep is the water where they usually put those, I can't imagine too deep.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
PRetty cool to watch, I would think that the bulk of the work is in the structure that is under the water though.

How deep is the water where they usually put those, I can't imagine too deep.

Less than 100' typically. The foundations are placed as complete structures, not built in place. So they go in pretty quickly, depending on the type.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I saw a bunch of the blades being shipped on the highway. Those things are huge.

In our travels across the country, it's not uncommon to see places that have dozens of these things as part of their landscape.

169.jpg

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I saw a bunch of the blades being shipped on the highway. Those things are huge.

In our travels across the country, it's not uncommon to see places that have dozens of these things as part of their landscape.

View attachment 124389

Tiny, tiny blades compared to the ones being used on offshore turbines. The scale of the offshore machines is mind-boggling.

Chris0nllyn

Tiny, tiny blades compared to the ones being used on offshore turbines. The scale of the offshore machines is mind-boggling.

GE's new HALIADE-X has (3) 107m (351 ft!) blades and is only a tiny bit smaller than the Eiffel Tower. A 12 MW offshore turbine is impressive.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
GE's new HALIADE-X has (3) 107m (351 ft!) blades and is only a tiny bit smaller than the Eiffel Tower. A 12 MW offshore turbine is impressive.

Imagine the fire when that thing finally catches the flame.

windmill-fire-16.jpeg

windmill-fire-3.jpg

wind-turbine-fire.jpg

Last edited: