Why bother correcting a lie now???

transporter

The president’s objective economic advisory team dumps deeply misleading numbers on the public

During her daily press briefing, press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders attempted to demonstrate President Trump’s commitment to the black community by sharing some numbers about job growth during his presidency.

“This president, since he took office, in the year and a half that he’s been here, has created 700,000 new jobs for African Americans,” she said. “When President Obama left after eight years in office — eight years in office — he had only created 195,000 jobs for African Americans. President Trump in his first year and a half has already tripled what President Obama did in eight years.”

Those numbers, as we noted, were very wrong. Between January 2009 and January 2017, the number of employed black Americans rose from 15.5 million to 18.4 million, an increase of nearly 3 million. Under Trump, the increase has been 708,000. Trump has been in office for only 20 months, of course, but the point stands: Sanders’s numbers were way off the mark.

Where did they come from? In a tweet, the Council of Economic Advisers owned up to giving her bad data.

White House admits error for false claim on black employment

WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House has acknowledged error in its false claim that President Donald Trump created three times as many jobs for African-Americans than President Barack Obama.

It was a rare admission of fault for an administration that frequently skews data and overstates economic gains.

Why bother correcting the information? The whole world knows this administration and our incompetent, unfit President lies all day long about the economy (and everything else).

The CEA, led by that economic novice Larry Kudlow, could even get the timeframes right! Read the Wapo article...those morons used election months as starting points...not inauguration months.

These are the "great people" Trump was going to bring on board.

BTW...how can Sarah Sanders be that freaking stupid to think that only 195,000 African Americans had found jobs from 2009 thru 2017??? That is a mind blowing failure of basic common sense.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Good question....issuing corrections or retractions is, I realize, quite a foreign concept to those like you.

when a progressive issues new information, the statement is a 'correction'

when a GOP'r does it the left springs up 'he lied'

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
when a progressive issues new information, the statement is a 'correction'

or a "clarification"....as in "ignore what you heard me say earlier...this is what I want the message to be now" or "you didn't hear what you thought you heard; your ears lied to you again"...

stgislander

PREMO Member
or a "clarification"....as in "ignore what you heard me say earlier...this is what I want the message to be now" or "you didn't hear what you thought you heard; your ears lied to you again"...

Bronco Bama was good at that.

CPUSA

BTW...how can Sarah Sanders be that freaking stupid to think that only 195,000 African Americans had found jobs from 2009 thru 2017??? That is a mind blowing failure of basic common sense.

Not nearly as stupid as thinking you could tax your way outta the mess that your own criminal party regulated this Country into to begin with.
Or thinking you can peach fo fi on absolutely NO grounds whatsoever
Or thinking Guam is going to tip over if you put too many people on one side
Or that the Mongrel from Kenya as President of the US was a good idea...

So many more I could throw out there, but I think you get the tru....I mean, point

itsbob

I bowl overhand
The president’s objective economic advisory team dumps deeply misleading numbers on the public

White House admits error for false claim on black employment

Why bother correcting the information? The whole world knows this administration and our incompetent, unfit President lies all day long about the economy (and everything else).

The CEA, led by that economic novice Larry Kudlow, could even get the timeframes right! Read the Wapo article...those morons used election months as starting points...not inauguration months.

These are the "great people" Trump was going to bring on board.

So, explain the differences in unemployment? Obama created SOOO many jobs the unemployment number had to be less than 1%, was it??

And election months matter.. Look at what happened to the stock market the days and weeks following Hillary NOT getting elected!!!