And then there is the rational view of the Pawlenty loss

transporter

The new GOP litmus test: Defending Trump at his absolute worst

The big news in Tuesday night’s elections is the defeat of GOP establishment pick Tim Pawlenty in the Minnesota GOP gubernatorial primary, at the hands of a full-blown Trump loyalist. This makes a Democratic victory in the state more likely, and crucially, it probably makes it easier for Democrats to hold a couple of House seats they are defending in the state, which is key to Democrats’ hopes of taking back the lower chamber this fall.

Beyond this, Pawlenty’s loss provides a useful way to try to understand what is happening in the GOP of the Trump era. After it happened, Pawlenty told reporters:

“The Republican Party has shifted. It is the era of Trump and I’m just not a Trump-like politician.”

The phrase “Trump-like politician,” it turns out, is basically a euphemism for a “politician who is willing to defend President Trump at his most reprehensible moments.” The man who decisively defeated Pawlenty, local commissioner Jeff Johnson, actually ran an ad that blasted Pawlenty for failing to stand by Trump after the news broke of the “Access Hollywood” video, which featured Trump boasting in extremely lewd fashion about his ability to carry out sexual assaults with impunity.

GURPS and the rest of the cultists think that only people who will bow before Trump and profess their undying love and loyalty to Trump are worthy of office.

Rational, reasonable adults understand that a person should be sent to Washington to represent the people of their district or state...they aren't elected to serve the President.

glhs837

Power with Control
So, you can be not a Trump booster and still find a way not to describe the man as "unfit and unhinged". Combined with being a career politican and a lobbyist, those things might make it hard. You could say you think the PResident has done somethings you disgree with and maybe be okay. Look at Hogan. But once you start tossing around terms like unhinged, you solidify the opposition in ways you won't like. Like the bitter clingers and deplorables, words have consequences.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Rational, reasonable adults understand that a person should be sent to Washington to represent the people of their district or state...they aren't elected to serve the President.

AGAIN, Peaches, Trump parrots We the People, not the other way around.

Why is this such a hard concept for you to grasp? Are you just so used to serving your lords and masters that the whole idea of government serving you is inconceivable?

Pawlenty clearly DOESN'T represent the people of Minnesota, otherwise they'd have - duh - voted for him.

And while I'm at it, a "Trump-like" politician is one who represents the will of the citizens, not just dick them around and do nothing more than grease palms with other fat cats.

If you'd stop reading the trash you read, you wouldn't be so angry and splodey all the time. I can only surmise that you're a little bitchy boy who likes to stamp his impotent feet with rage day in and day out, and looking for excuses to self-trigger.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Another Prominent Anti-Trump Republican Just Went Down In Minnesota. Here's Why This Keeps Happening.

Johnson cut an ad at the end of the campaign featuring Pawlenty criticizing Trump after tape broke of Trump in October 2016 talking about grabbing women by the genitals. "Tim Pawlenty stuck his finger in the wind," Johnson intoned. "I won’t panic when it matters most."

Pawlenty had called Trump "unsound, uninformed, unhinged, and unfit to be president of the United States" during the 2016 campaign. Pawlenty lamented, "The Republican Party has shifted. It is the era of Trump, and I’m just not a Trump-like politician."

Pawlenty joins a bevy of other Republican politicians who have seen their support base erode for failure to pay fealty to Trump: Rep. Mark Sanford (R-SC), Senator Jeff Flake (R-AZ), and Senator Bob Corker (R-TN) among others.

glhs837

Power with Control
Again, you dont really need to pay fealty, just dont stick you wanger in the moving bits. But they wont get that. Like most trains, which are deadly if you stand right in front of them. But you dont need to ride the train to not get hurt, just dont stand in front of the damn thing.

Hijinx

Tranny posts an article that basically states that people outed Pawlenty for not supporting Trump and in her deluded mind she believes that will hurt the Republican they did pick.

Nuts.

After Hogan removed the Md. National Guard from the Border in his dumb attempt to hurt Trump I thought hard about not voting for him this year.
But when I view Ben Jealous and his moronic platform, Hogan started to look better, even though he does not support the President.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It is the era of Trump, and I’m just not a Trump-like politician."

This where he shows he doesn't get it.

"Politician."

No, Tim. It's "leadership". It's "working for the People." The Republican Party HAS shifted, and get ready because we're bringing the Democrats with us. We're done with your "politics" and bull####. We don't hire you people to do politics; we hire you to lead our country.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
After Hogan removed the Md. National Guard from the Border in his dumb attempt to hurt Trump I thought hard about not voting for him this year.
But when I view Ben Jealous and his moronic platform, Hogan started to look better, even though he does not support the President.

The problem isn't Hogan not supporting the President; it's that he doesn't support the citizens of Maryland. I mean, he supports the Left so he can get re-elected, but he doesn't support me and I won't be voting for him this time around. It's not because he opposes our President, it's because he opposes border security and doesn't want to protect us. That's a deal breaker and I can't get past it.

But you're right: Ben Jealous is a brainless prog...which is why he's most likely going to beat Hogan. The Baltimorons will see to it.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The problem isn't Hogan not supporting the President; it's that he doesn't support the citizens of Maryland. I mean, he supports the Left so he can get re-elected, but he doesn't support me and I won't be voting for him this time around. It's not because he opposes our President, it's because he opposes border security and doesn't want to protect us. That's a deal breaker and I can't get past it.

But you're right: Ben Jealous is a brainless prog...which is why he's most likely going to beat Hogan. The Baltimorons will see to it.

According to the Gonzalez poll Hogan is only down 6 to BJ in Baldymore which is leaps and bounds closer than Brown v Hogan in 14.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
According to the Gonzalez poll Hogan is only down 6 to BJ in Baldymore which is leaps and bounds closer than Brown v Hogan in 14.

For me it's 6 of one, half dozen of another. Hogan is a political wolf in sheep's clothing and if you think he gives one single #### about anything other than holding political office so he can pay off his cronies and line his own pockets, you are living in a dream world.

He's going to have to do more than pretend to be a Republican to win me over. It's not good enough that he's "not the mental case Democrat". Political animals like Larry Hogan are the problem with this country and why we elected Donald Trump.

BOP

shitlikethisiswhyIwon.jpg

Hijinx

Hogan has done some thing that I like and others I do not. Nobody can satisfy everyone.
You are right he is sucking up to the left for re-election--no doubt of that
I do not see Ben jealous beating him--even most democrats do not like Ben Jealous.
No doubt Ben will carry Montgomery, PG and Baltimore, but I don't see him winning.

No way can I vote for him, His plans are much too expensive for even the Democrats to get through if he did win.
But I cannot bring myself to vote for tax and Spend that Jealous will bring with him