Nope...he doesn't get it...not one bit

transporter

Trump strips ex-CIA director and sharp critic of security clearance

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump moved to penalize an outspoken critic on Wednesday, revoking the security clearance of Obama-era CIA Director John Brennan for what he said was “a series of unfounded and outrageous allegations” about his administration.

Trump, in a statement read to reporters by White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders, also announced he was evaluating whether other former high-ranking officials - all of whom have criticized him - should have their security clearances withdrawn as well.

The decision came a day after Brennan, who headed the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency under Democratic President Barack Obama, leveled a blistering attack against Trump for the president’s tweeted criticism of former White House aide Omarosa Manigault Newman, who wrote a book critical of Trump.

“It’s astounding how often you fail to live up to minimum standards of decency, civility, & probity. Seems like you will never understand what it means to be president, nor what it takes to be a good, decent, & honest person. So disheartening, so dangerous for our Nation,” Brennan wrote.

Trump, without mentioning specific comments made by Brennan, said the former CIA leader had engaged in “frenzied commentary” and had sought to “sow division and chaos” about the Trump administration.

“Mr. Brennan has recently leveraged his status as a former high-ranking official with access to highly sensitive information to make a series of unfounded and outrageous allegations – wild outbursts on the internet and television – about this administration,” Trump said.

Nope...Trump doesn't understand his job at all...utterly freaking clueless. He is stripping Brennan's clearance because Brennan says bad things about Trump and his Administration??? That's the kind of BS they pull in Russia. That is not how things work here.

I bet all the ignorati types will be cheering for this...while they claim to be students of the Constitution, Patriots and steadfast supporters of the "rule of law"!!! Oh also piss and moan about some athlete or kid taking a knee for the national anthem or pledge. You all see nothing but horror in those actions but will applaud this inept, incompetent and unfit President for essentially doing the exact same thing.

Hijinx

Awesome!!! About time he stripped that POS of his clearance.

It doesn't really matter why he stripped Brennan of his clearance, It just matters that he did it.

And it's about time. HTF did a Muslim get to be in charge of the CIA to start with.
Some fool who hates America must have appointed him.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Losing your clearance should be automatic after a certain period of time for any of these positions except in the cases of termination. If terminated from your position you lose it immediately.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
It doesn't really matter why he stripped Brennan of his clearance, It just matters that he did it.

And it's about time. HTF did a Muslim get to be in charge of the CIA to start with.
Some fool who hates America must have appointed him.

Don't forget communist. Admitted communist.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Trump doesn't understand his job at all...utterly freaking clueless. He is stripping Brennan's clearance because Brennan says bad things about Trump and his Administration??? That's the kind of BS they pull in Russia. That is not how things work here.

Absolutely ignorant.

Brennan didn't lose his clearance because Trump's feelings were hurt; rather, it was because he was abusing the privilege that allows certain high level officials to keep one past the usual expiration period of time. Brennan no longer has "need to know," yet clearly was parlaying that privilege of keeping his clearance in place into personal gain.

Knowing the Left would scream whatever the explanation he took the easier path. Had Trump accused Brennan of something "against the regs/law" there would be demands for investigations, etc. Blah, blah, blah. Much easier to just invoke his authority as the clearance granter to revoke.

So, yes, that is how things are done here. And thus, no, that's not the kind of thing they do in Russia. In Russia, it would be a bent neck on one's knees in the basement of the Lubyanka saying goodbye to Dzerzhinsky and hello to 9 mm of lead.

Brennan is a sh*t. Hopefully next will be his fellow turd in the toilet, Clapper. And to think I used to respect Clapper when he worked in DoD (DIA, NRO, etc.).

--- End of line (MCP)

littlelady

God bless the USA
Absolutely ignorant.

Brennan didn't lose his clearance because Trump's feelings were hurt; rather, it was because he was abusing the privilege that allows certain high level officials to keep one past the usual expiration period of time. Brennan no longer has "need to know," yet clearly was parlaying that privilege of keeping his clearance in place into personal gain.

Knowing the Left would scream whatever the explanation he took the easier path. Had Trump accused Brennan of something "against the regs/law" there would be demands for investigations, etc. Blah, blah, blah. Much easier to just invoke his authority as the clearance granter to revoke.

So, yes, that is how things are done here. And thus, no, that's not the kind of thing they do in Russia. In Russia, it would be a bent neck on one's knees in the basement of the Lubyanka saying goodbye to Dzerzhinsky and hello to 9 mm of lead.

Brennan is a sh*t. Hopefully next will be his fellow turd in the toilet, Clapper. And to think I used to respect Clapper when he worked in DoD (DIA, NRO, etc.).

--- End of line (MCP)

Exactly. Great post. Hannity is talking about Brennan, right now, on his show.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Absolutely ignorant.

Incorrect.

Brennan lost his clearance because he expressed his opinion regarding Trump. It’s that simple. He never abused any privilege with regards to the clearance. He never violated the requirements with regards to that clearance. As far as “need to know”, that is not a requirement in order to hold a clearance. “Need to know” is a requirement in order to have access to specific classified information on a case by case basis. In Brennan’s case, “need to know” is established at any time a current official seeks consultation from a predecessor.

CPUSA

Incorrect.

Brennan lost his clearance because he expressed his opinion regarding Trump. It’s that simple. He never abused any privilege with regards to the clearance. He never violated the requirements with regards to that clearance. As far as “need to know”, that is not a requirement in order to hold a clearance. “Need to know” is a requirement in order to have access to specific classified information on a case by case basis. In Brennan’s case, “need to know” is established at any time a current official seeks consultation from a predecessor.

Incorrect.
Please refer to Yooper's post for the correct reason why this Commie POS should be placed in an undisclosed location until such a time when he should be quietly executed and his very being erased from history altogether...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Incorrect.

Guess Brennan should have kept his vitriolic hatred spew more to himself and close circle then. Good move by Trump.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Incorrect.
Please refer to Yooper's post for the correct reason why this Commie POS should be placed in an undisclosed location until such a time when he should be quietly executed and his very being erased from history altogether...

Not incorrect. Everything I said was factual.

Yooper

Incorrect.

Okay, let me try it this way.

"Need to know" vanishes once one leaves the issue that "need to know" applies. Brennan meets that criteria.

Clearances expire after a certain period of not being in a position that requires one. Brennan was rapidly approaching that date. However, certain people are allowed to retain their clearances - BY PERMISSION OF THE CLEARANCE GRANTING AUTHORITY - as a means of expediting entree for consultation. Brennan fit that category (as does Hayden, Clapper, etc. and far too many folks IMHO). Anyway, that means that the clearance granting authority - THAT'S TRUMP, AS CHIEF EXECUTIVE - can withdraw that courtesy (which Trump did).

As I stated, knowing that there would be a wailing however he did it, Trump took the easier path and withdrew Brennan's clearance with a statement that avoids all the "we need an investigation to determine Brennan's fitness for holding a clearance" silliness that the Dems would have generated. Sp call it a fit of pique or whatever, the bottom line is that it was the easier path.

What makes this whole thing really sad is that if you substitute "Joe Schmoe" for "Brennan" and put Joe Schmoe's background and current behavior in front of a clearance granting authority the result would have been to either a) not grant a clearance or b) rescind whatever clearances Joe had. So whether Brennan actually abused his clearance privilege (and I think we can successfully infer that he has) is irrelevant; his past (and perhaps, current) associations and his current behavior make him a security risk. Rescind. Simple. End of discussion.

So it comes down to this: if you buy into the "Trump attacks a political enemy" idea as the main reason for Brennan losing his clearance, then you are essentially saying there exists (and you approve of) two levels of justice; one for us peons and one for the elites. I have always preferred and fought for "equal justice." Brennan's loss of his security clearance may be a small step (and perhaps in the grand scheme of things an insignificant one), but it was right and just.

Brennan's loss of clearance was for me - someone who worked for quite some time in the arcane world that is the IC - a no-brainer. (Btw, you might find Scott Adams' 8/16 Periscope (Episode 183) comments, re: Brennan interesting: Episode 183 Scott Adams: CIA Directors Who Can’t Recognize Jokes, RBS Scumbags interesting.)

But what really touched a nerve was transporter's insane comment that this (what Trump did) was how they do it in Russia and not in the U.S. Not even close. On one hand, Trump has the legal (and "force protection") authority to do what he did and did it. On the other, what the Russian/Soviet/Russian again despots do was/is outside the law (both judicial and moral). (Yes, I worked there and on "there," too (USSR and now RF).) Embarrassingly ill-informed (at best) and obviously trollish (at worst). If we are going to argue about Trump, let's try to play down the Hitler and Stalin comparison silliness. Not helpful, at all.

-- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Trump strips ex-CIA director and sharp critic of security clearance

Nope...Trump doesn't understand his job at all...utterly freaking clueless. He is stripping Brennan's clearance because Brennan says bad things about Trump and his Administration??? That's the kind of BS they pull in Russia. That is not how things work here.

I bet all the ignorati types will be cheering for this...while they claim to be students of the Constitution, Patriots and steadfast supporters of the "rule of law"!!! Oh also piss and moan about some athlete or kid taking a knee for the national anthem or pledge. You all see nothing but horror in those actions but will applaud this inept, incompetent and unfit President for essentially doing the exact same thing.

It's apparent you don't have a friggin clue.. what part of FORMER head of the CIA don't you understand??

Yooper

Incorrect.

I guess it would be ironic for Brennan if "this Commie POS" suffered that kind of fate. But that WOULD be Russia. Can't support that. Losing his clearance was correct. Facing legal ramifications if he violated the law would also be correct. But a "black site put-down"? No, I can't advocate that. I understand the hyperbole, but we can't let hyperbole become reality. We are better than that. I think it's best if we leave such hyperbole in the hands of the basement dwelling experts like transporter....

--- End of line (MCP)

Yooper

There's your problem. You are listening to Hannity. That guy is a joke and a tool of Trump's.

Jeez you are brainwashed

That's your comeback? A double dose of ad hominem?

--- End of line (MCP)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I guess it would be ironic for Brennan if "this Commie POS" suffered that kind of fate. But that WOULD be Russia. Can't support that. Losing his clearance was correct. Facing legal ramifications if he violated the law would also be correct. But a "black site put-down"? No, I can't advocate that. I understand the hyperbole, but we can't let hyperbole become reality. We are better than that. I think it's best if we leave such hyperbole in the hands of the basement dwelling experts like transporter....

--- End of line (MCP)

Or he could end up like William Colby having a Heart Attack during a canoe trip by himself in April while his wife was away on vacation alone.