Joe diGenova on John Brennan’s Lost Security Clearance

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Joe diGenova: This is a glorious moment for the country. And evil man has lost something that he’s not entitled to. John Brennan is the worst CIA Director in the history of this country. He betrayed his country by means of a plot against President Trump which he was the leader of involving Comey and Yates and others, Strzok, Page and all the members of the FBI.

Joe diGenova on John Brennan’s Lost Security Clearance: “A Glorious Day for America. An Evil Man Has Lost Something He’s Not Entitled To” (VIDEO)

PsyOps

Pixelated
The left is hyperventilating that this was an 'unprecedented' move this was; when it's not. What is unprecedented is how Brennan and his co-conspirators (Comey, Sztrok, Clapper, etc...) used their power within their respective agencies to destroy Trump. What is unprecedented is having a former CIA director be so harshly critical of a sitting president. What is unprecedented is a former CIA director accusing a sitting president of treason (a crime demanding the death penalty), when no such treason has occurred.

The problem with these people is, their hatred is so deep regarding anything-Trump that you can't reason with them.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
AND it's not unprecedented for a former anybody, or anything to lose their clearance.. If you don't have the need to have one, they take it..

Being he's not the current head of the CIA he had no reason to have his clearances anymore..

I believe this is normal practice and has absolutely nothing to do with Trump.

officeguy

All clearances should expire the minute you hand in your key card. If you need a clearance for a post-government job a clearance appropriate for that job can be applied for and issued. This large number of ex .gov and retired military with clearances but not tied into a job make a mockery of the entire clearance system.

All clearances should expire the minute you hand in your key card. If you need a clearance for a post-government job a clearance appropriate for that job can be applied for and issued. This large number of ex .gov and retired military with clearances but not tied into a job make a mockery of the entire clearance system.

For us lowly everyday folks, the instant we were not directly assigned to a contract, you were debriefed. And then it was weeks, if not months, to get your clearance back when you got reassigned to a task requiring clearance.

And the earlier comment about 'everyone' having a clearance.... not so. I did because of my specific tasks, only one or two other in my aerospace group of hundreds had one.

PsyOps

Pixelated
AND it's not unprecedented for a former anybody, or anything to lose their clearance.. If you don't have the need to have one, they take it..

Being he's not the current head of the CIA he had no reason to have his clearances anymore..

I believe this is normal practice and has absolutely nothing to do with Trump.

I don't know what the expiry of a Secret is, but a TS is good for 6 years. You still retain that clearance even when you're not working in a work center that requires a TS, until it expires or it's stripped from you because you did something wrong. So, if I leave my current job, I do not lose my clearance. What I do lose is my need to know anything pertaining to this job.

In Brennan's case (or any other CIA director), they typically get to keep their clearance for their expertise and can be recalled back in to assist in intel matters. From what I understand, all current and former CIA directors still gather annually in a conference to discuss matters that may still be classified. So, they all may still have their clearances. Brennan will no longer be able to attend these conferences.

Brennan's actions merit stripping of his clearance IMO. Accusing the president of treason was enough. He behaved seditiously. And he used his clearance monetarily against the president.

officeguy

For us lowly everyday folks, the instant we were not directly assigned to a contract, you were debriefed. And then it was weeks, if not months, to get your clearance back when you got reassigned to a task requiring clearance.

And the earlier comment about 'everyone' having a clearance.... not so. I did because of my specific tasks, only one or two other in my aerospace group of hundreds had one.

And thats how it should work. If someone like Brennan becomes disloyal after his government service ends there is no reason he should still have a clearance.

PsyOps

Pixelated

That's not true, at least for the military. Your clearance is retain in JPAS until it expires. If you are hired on to another company, all that is required is to verify your clearance in JPAS. What takes so long our the instance of where I work is getting all the paperwork done and approved to give you access to computers. If you require an SCI, you will have to be read in to the appropriate compartments, which is not an instant process. In that case, you won't be allowed in the SCIF until that's done.

That's not true, at least for the military. Your clearance is retain in JPAS until it expires. If you are hired on to another company, all that is required is to verify your clearance in JPAS. What takes so long our the instance of where I work is getting all the paperwork done and approved to give you access to computers. If you require an SCI, you will have to be read in to the appropriate compartments, which is not an instant process. In that case, you won't be allowed in the SCIF until that's done.

This was not mil, it was contractor. The only time JPAS got involved is if you required access to a military base for a specific program. If you were terminated or left the company, you were debriefed and clearance pulled. Contractors are held to a different level of accountability.