Democrats 2018 Campaign Slogan

This_person

we-care-about-people-just-not-you-people (1).jpg

SamSpade

Ok, I kind of know what sort of answers I am likely to get but ...

Do Democrats or lefties *really* not believe that this nation is not the greatest nation to ever exist on this world?

See, I DO know of - from their writings - of left-leaning people who admit - they love this country - they want it to get better -
and they believe that it would be terrible if the greatest country to ever grace this world plunged into failure.
They seriously have worries - I believe incorrectly - that this nation isn't being what it ought to be - and their political
agenda as it were is their understanding of how to improve or correct it.

But they believe it to be great. In fact, they're adamant about it, because they fear it will be lost forever.

So -

Do they **REALLY** believe that America was "never great"?

I hear their arguments. They push the extermination of Native Americans and the legacy of slavery.
I assure you virtually every nation you can praise has darkness in its past. Name one. I can bring up a LOT.
The thing about history is, while you can always find bad in the past, when it comes to this country, I find an
enormous amount of good. Prosperity and freedom the likes of which the world had hitherto never seen.

America was never great sounds like the whining of a teenager aching for attention - not the observation of anyone
even marginally aware of history.

Hijinx

Ok, I kind of know what sort of answers I am likely to get but ...

Do Democrats or lefties *really* not believe that this nation is not the greatest nation to ever exist on this world?

See, I DO know of - from their writings - of left-leaning people who admit - they love this country - they want it to get better -
and they believe that it would be terrible if the greatest country to ever grace this world plunged into failure.
They seriously have worries - I believe incorrectly - that this nation isn't being what it ought to be - and their political
agenda as it were is their understanding of how to improve or correct it.

But they believe it to be great. In fact, they're adamant about it, because they fear it will be lost forever.

So -

I hear their arguments. They push the extermination of Native Americans and the legacy of slavery.
I assure you virtually every nation you can praise has darkness in its past. Name one. I can bring up a LOT.
The thing about history is, while you can always find bad in the past, when it comes to this country, I find an
enormous amount of good. Prosperity and freedom the likes of which the world had hitherto never seen.

America was never great sounds like the whining of a teenager aching for attention - not the observation of anyone
even marginally aware of history.

I don't see anyone rushing to get out.
I see some promising to leave, but changing their mind after thinking about it.
Mostly Hollywood types. Celebrities who play other people and call themselves "artists".

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

As soon as they do that they need to be reminded:

Trail of Tears -- Andrew Jackson ( Democrat )
Slavery / Civil War -- Democrats
Internment Camps of WWII -- Democrat controlled House, Senate and White House

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Many of them do. Progs are not unique in rejecting something that isn't absolutely perfect. We have seen conservatives right on these forums who will not vote for who they consider the lesser of two evils - they demand a politician who is in complete lockstep with their personal beliefs, and will reject a candidate based on one point of disagreement.

America was never great sounds like the whining of a teenager aching for attention - not the observation of anyone even marginally aware of history.

And there you have it. If you ask a diehard prog about anything historical, they either don't know or they have a highly skewed version that was programmed into them by Leftist teachers and the media. Many of them are Holocaust deniers who think 9/11 was masterminded by Dick Cheney. They don't even know what's happening in this country right now, let alone world events 50 years ago.

The US is a remarkable country in that hundreds of millions of people from all walks of life can live in it and largely get along. The MSM likes to highlight the division and conflict, but any one of us can see for ourselves that that is fringe and isolated, not the norm of day to day life. It's like when there's a school shooting they focus on it and present it as an epidemic, ignoring the 200,000 schools that *didn't* get shot up.

Trump is right that our news media has become the enemy of the People. I have been saying it for decades, and I'm not alone. They hammer it home that the US sucks, traditional values suck, all non-Democrats suck, and absolutely all white people suck, especially if they're men. So if mush minds think America isn't that great and never has been, that's Leftist programming in action, not based on any rational observation.

PsyOps

Pixelated

You have to ask (if you already haven't) why Cuomo would say such a thing. I think this is really more about how the establishment (left and right) are losing their stranglehold on this country. When they've held power for so long, then watch it all slip through their fingers, and they can't do a thing about it. When they can't control the voters any longer, they feel they have to resort to these kinds of outrageous comments.

People like Cuomo do love this country, but only for what they envision it being. And we aren't there at this time. What compels them to believe saying defaming things about this country will better their cause is beyond me. And we are all worse for it.