Feminists Lose Their Minds. Politics and Video Games

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But the gaming world is fraught with social justice warriors (mostly women who identify as "feminists") looking to skewer male gamers, whom they consider sexist, misogynistic, and unfairly aggressive, Ninja included.

So, when asked why he doesn't have more women on his stream, Ninja was honest: he doesn't want to earn himself a feminist backlash.

“While I understand some people have implied my views mean I have something against playing with women, I want to make clear the issue I’m addressing is online harassment, and my attempt to minimize it from our life,” he said, referring to himself and his wife, a fellow gamer.

[clip]

The problem is, of course, that feminists don't like to be criticized, even by implication — and they certainly believe that Ninja is criticizing them by implication. In response, they unleashed a volley of insults, calling Ninja a sexist, and claiming that "there’s something poetic about Ninja thinking ‘wow women in gaming have to deal with a deeply toxic culture of men attacking them and speculating about their lives. I wouldn’t want that in my life sooo I won’t work with women phew problem solved’ then tweeting that without irony.”

Feminist "nerd culture" rag, the Mary Sue even went so far as to call Ninja, "Mike Pence," comparing him to the Vice President who will not dine alone with any female, suggesting that Ninja owes female gamers access to his audience, and implying that he's oppressing any woman who doesn't get to game with him by "effectively denying all female streamers, no matter how talented, access to his 10,000,000 followers."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/34565/feminists-lose-their-minds-after-top-fortnite-emily-zanotti

Last edited: