well, its here, the first step...

GregV814

Marshalls!!, lets all say it together now, M A R S H A L L S, is here! The first step to expand the marvelous Waldorphian way of life!! 10's of people, bussed in from Oxon Hill and the 'Dorf participated in the grand opening with huge scissors cutting a ribbon and even a guy wearing an Armani suit accepting a donation to feed the poor was on hand....Wowieeee!!! Let the balloons fly!!!

The 'Dorf is here baby!!!

Last edited:

MiddleGround

Since when does Marshalls equate to ghetto-ville? Do you only shop at Saks Fifth Avenue? Is your Saturday attire an Armani suit and wingtips?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Correlation does not equal causation but if you look everywhere one of them pops up, there really does seem to be a correlation.

frequentflier

happy to be living
There is already a TJ Maxx in Prince Frederick. When I have gone in there, there is a definite mix of customers.

Potomac

I live in St. Mary's so in fairness I can't speak to shopping in PF (little experience with that) but I will say that I LOVE our Lexington Park Marshalls & Home Goods as well. I have found great clothes at Marshalls, many home goods (decor, kitchen, linens) and gifts. I don't have any problem with a discount store that is well stocked, clean and maintained. Both the Marshalls & Home Goods in San Souci are clean, well managed and well stocked. I am very grateful for the additional shopping options

Hannibal

While I can appreciate the sentiment, my belief is that Marshall's doesn't invite the crap to town. It's more so that Marshalls will be crap if placed within a town that is full of crap people. If your town is a #### show with generally trashy people, the Marshalls store will quickly turn into a place where you have to step around product that's been thrown about all over the floor and look like trash itself. If the town is generally a decent group who don't behave like animals, it will be fine.

We have TJ Max in PF. I'd say it's similar to Marshalls. I go in there occasionally with my wife who is looking for the odd item. I don't equate it with high end fashion certainly but she'll buy a shirt or pants for the right deal. We've bought some end tables there before. It is what it is. Kids clothes = fine. If they have what I need and the price is right, sold. It's a mix use type of place. Not meant to be high end by any means but it is generally clean, organized and functional.

You place that store in some other neighborhood and you'd likely find clothes yanked off the hanger and tossed to the floor. Toys scattered about the isle. Random clothes piled up in the dressing room because people were too lazy to put them back on the hangers and certainly too lazy to place them back from where the item came from.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Y'all wanted these chain stores and restaurants, big box marts and shopping "experiences" in the County. You elected County Commissioners who promised they'd get them here and empowered County government agencies to recruit them while promising tax breaks and concessions. So it's too late to start bitching now.

GregV814

Boy, you guys have turned me around 180 degrees!!! But seriously, the guy withtheArmani suit was pastor/activist coffee shop entrepreneur rock star good old Bob.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I kind of like the food section of Marshalls, you can get popcorn and saffron on the same shelf.

PeoplesElbow

The problem is a Maryland problem, not a Marshalls problem fyi. Other places I have lived have had Marshalls, Ross, TJ Maxx in really nice areas and they stayed nice. Garbage in Garbage out.

You don't blame the spoon for making someone fat.

BernieP

Resident PIA
The problem is a Maryland problem, not a Marshalls problem fyi. Other places I have lived have had Marshalls, Ross, TJ Maxx in really nice areas and they stayed nice. Garbage in Garbage out.

You don't blame the spoon for making someone fat.

LIKE button

GregV814

well, I want to thank you guys for setting me straight. Wow, I had an opinion and expressed it. Guess I'm not too politically correct and have the ability to express my opinions...Wow, later on tonite, I'll go by and buy some irregular socks, some plastic shoes and some European popcorn at twice the price and maybe get a "I shopped at Marshalls" t shirt...

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
well, I want to thank you guys for setting me straight. Wow, I had an opinion and expressed it. Guess I'm not too politically correct and have the ability to express my opinions...Wow, later on tonite, I'll go by and buy some irregular socks, some plastic shoes and some European popcorn at twice the price and maybe get a "I shopped at Marshalls" t shirt...

And everyone else had an opinion also, did you think you were special and no one else was going to think different than you?

PeoplesElbow

I think he is butthurt that a bunch of people didn't just come on and agree.

I'm curious what exactly he thinks that it will bring.