Trump administration nearing deal with Mexico on revised NAFTA

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The Trump administration is close to striking a deal with Mexico on a revamped North American Free Trade Agreement, analysts said, but thorny issues are yet to be resolved with Canada, the third party in the trilateral pact.

Reaching an agreement with Mexico would mark a breakthrough for the administration after a year of roller-coaster talks and tension with its longtime North American trading partners. President Trump has frequently threatened to withdraw from NAFTA, linked the renegotiations to his call for a wall along the U.S.-Mexican border and slapped tariffs on Mexican and Canadian steel to apply pressure to make concessions.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-nafta-canada-mexico-20180816-story.html

I can't wait to hear, from the Proggies, how this is just another Trumpmageddon.

SamSpade

I think the biggest difference between the left and the Trump administration is ---

They want ANY kind of deal. They're the kind of people who go abroad and ignore the haggling approach to trade or bargaining.
They're the kind of folks who take the first deal the car dealer offers. They don't FIGHT for you.

Have you ever come back from a car dealership, secure in the thought that you got a good deal - and realized you
STILL got rooked, and that was even AFTER fighting for what you thought was a good deal?
That's the U.S. - Our guys have been negotiating crappy deals for decades and telling us it was good.
And our FRIENDS are pissed that we finally woke up.

transporter

They have been saying that for months:

Mexico says NAFTA deal 'reasonably close' talks 'not easy' That one is from April

NAFTA deal delayed until after midterms This one is from July and states:

BERKELEY HEIGHTS, N.J. (AP) — President Donald Trump intends to delay signing a revised version of the North American Free Trade Agreement until after the fall midterm elections, a move aimed at reaching a better deal with Canada and Mexico.

Trump said in an interview that aired Sunday that he could quickly sign an agreement with the United States’ neighbors, “but I’m not happy with it. I want to make it more fair.” Asked about the timing of an agreement, Trump said: “I want to wait until after the election.”

Those quotes only show how inept our President is. If a deal was struck, he would sign it immediately in order to make folks like you think he accomplished something.

Canadian PM "positive" for reaching new NAFTA deal with US, Mexico This is from May:

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Thursday expressed his confidence that Canada, the United States and Mexico could reach a new North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).

Speaking at an event organized by the Economic Club of New York, Trudeau said the three countries are close to strike a renegotiated NAFTA and there is "a good deal on the table" right now.

"I'm confident in saying that we have found a proposal that is broadly acceptable to the three partners and our industries on the auto side of things," he said.

Trudeau said the three countries have not signed off on a new agreement because of one significant sticking point: the Americans' demand for a sunset clause that would allow the deal to automatically expire every five years, pending renewal

This should be the easiest of any deal to renegotiate. Every report I have read agrees that it is time to renegotiate this deal. It is in everyone's interest to do so. Mexico is supremely interested in getting this done before their new President takes office. Yet it isn't done. A complete NAFTA deal isn't close to being done. Why? Because our President is incompetent. He keeps moving the goal posts...keeps changing what he wants.

How did John Boehner put it...it's like negotiating with a bowl of jello?

Trump doesn't know what he is doing. Trump has no knowledge. Trump has no experience. So this is what we get. An inept process.

Trump claims to be a great deal maker. Almost halfway thru his Presidency, he has nothing to show for all those grandiose skills he claims to have.

Hijinx

Former Presidents knowing what a rich country we are gave away the store.
Now we have management that is looking over those deals and seeing that we got rooked.

There's a new sheriff in town.
One that cares about America.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I think the biggest difference between the left and the Trump administration is ---

They want ANY kind of deal. They're the kind of people who go abroad and ignore the haggling approach to trade or bargaining.
They're the kind of folks who take the first deal the car dealer offers. They don't FIGHT for you.

Have you ever come back from a car dealership, secure in the thought that you got a good deal - and realized you
STILL got rooked, and that was even AFTER fighting for what you thought was a good deal?
That's the U.S. - Our guys have been negotiating crappy deals for decades and telling us it was good.
And our FRIENDS are pissed that we finally woke up.

:yay:

Good analogy.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Those quotes only show how inept our President is. If a deal was struck, he would sign it immediately in order to make folks like you think he accomplished something.

Fantasy, Supposition, Innuendo and Unfounded OPINION

Trump doesn't know what he is doing. Trump has no knowledge. Trump has no experience. So this is what we get. An inept process.

Trump claims to be a great deal maker. Almost halfway thru his Presidency, he has nothing to show for all those grandiose skills he claims to have.

Oh are YOU are part of the Negating Team, YOU are sitting in on the talks, YOU know what is going on ?

WHAT Multi-Billion dollar Empire are YOU Running Sugar

Let Me Remind you what you said a while back;

:tantrum

Every post you make is against anyone or any group that doesn't conform to your propagandist viewpoints.

:blahblah:

Hijinx

Oh are YOU are part of the Negating Team, YOU are sitting in on the talks, YOU know what is going on ?

WHAT Multi-Billion dollar Empire are YOU Running Sugar

Let Me Remind you what you said a while back;

:tantrum

:blahblah:

Yes Tranny IS a part of the negating team.
She negates everything Trump does.

As for the negotiating, I don't believe she has anything to do with that.
But certainly she is the leader of the Trump negating team.

SamSpade

Trump doesn't know what he is doing. Trump has no knowledge. Trump has no experience.

What a LOAD of sh!t. He's the only one who has EVER had any experience with this having done it for 40 years -
unlike his predecessor who never had *ANY*.