In a Divided Era, One Thing Seems to Unite: Political Anger

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Ken Storey was in a pique, the kind that often seizes and overwhelms the better judgment of people who follow politics closely these days.

Hurricane Harvey was about to douse Texas with deadly flooding, and Mr. Storey had identified the culprit: Republicans. “I don’t believe in instant Karma but this kind of feels like it for Texas,” he tapped out on Twitter, between bites of a taco over lunch. “Hopefully this will make them realize the GOP doesn’t care about them.”

Those 145 characters, which soon bounced around among conservative activists online and became the subject of several Fox News segments, would cost him his job as an adjunct sociology professor at the University of Tampa, incite death threats, strain his relationship with his parents and, nearly a year later, leave him living on two part-time jobs that pay less than a third of what he used to earn. His rent, car payments and electric bills are all past due, he said in a recent interview.

“When you Google my name, that’s what comes up,” Mr. Storey said, explaining that he believes the Twitter episode has hurt him as he struggles to find new work. “I thought it would blow over.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/17/us/politics/political-fights.html

A couple in Georgia, married two decades, won’t speak when the husband leaves his unwashed mug supporting President Trump in the sink; his wife refuses to touch it.

I'll bet he uses it just to create the accompanying silence! :lmao:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
... nearly a year later, leave him living on two part-time jobs that pay less than a third of what he used to earn.

..... explaining that he believes the Twitter episode has hurt him as he struggles to find new work. “I thought it would blow over.”

Yep .. :killingme I am laughing at the misfortunes of others, schadenfreude at its finest

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
NYT doesn't get it. THEY, the media, are the ones leading this discourse. They pretend it's all Trump's fault, but a quick perusal of their news stories and political talk shows is all you really need to see the problem.

"Well, if Trump wasn't such a low down dirty so-and-so we wouldn't have to behave like this!"

:lol:

If progs are having a triggered fit and acting like animals, they are only doing what Maxine Waters and Donnie Deutsch and Jimmy Kimmel have told them to do. They did it to Bush, too, but with Trump they are absolutely insane with anger, fear, and grief...and that is all caused by the media they consume and allow to manipulate them.

Here they are:

Research has shown Mr. Narramore’s experience — being dropped by a liberal friend — is probably more common than the reverse. Thirty-five percent of Democrats, a Pew survey last year found, said learning that a friend had voted for Mr. Trump would put a strain of the relationship. Only 13 percent of Republicans said that of a friend’s vote for Hillary Clinton. The most educated and most liberal Democrats were most likely to say a Trump vote would complicate their friendships.

I love how the NYT conveniently leaves out their role in this.

And Mr. Storey?

But, reflecting on the direction he thinks the country is heading in under Mr. Trump and the Republican Party, he added that he had no regrets about the tweet.

“I don’t apologize for holding our politicians or those who elect our politicians accountable,” he said.

Except for the part where he was demonizing a whole freaking state and wishing harm to 28 MILLION people. Oh, and also the part where the area hardest hit was Hillary country. :crazy:

These people have lost their freaking minds, and the Enemy of the People (aka, the MSM) plays a large part in that.

Hijinx

One would think that an adjunct sociology professor at the University of Tampa, would be smarter than to think the rain is God's punishment for having Trump as President.

To me it does prove that a sociology education even a PHD is not much use to you in the real world.
Only in the world of academics.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
NYT doesn't get it.
What does this sound like?

Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance
Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
Exaggerate achievements and talents
Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
Take advantage of others to get what they want
Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
Be envious of others and believe others envy them
Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious

At the same time, people with narcissistic personality disorder have trouble handling anything they perceive as criticism, and they can:

Become impatient or angry when they don't receive special treatment
Have significant interpersonal problems and easily feel slighted
React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior
Have difficulty regulating emotions and behavior
Experience major problems dealing with stress and adapting to change
Feel depressed and moody because they fall short of perfection
Have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation

Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder

stgislander

PREMO Member
One would think that an adjunct sociology professor at the University of Tampa, would be smarter than to think the rain is God's punishment for having Trump as President.

On the other hand Houston is a heavily Dem city isn't it? Maybe God knows something we don't.