Did you get an 18% pay raise in 2017???

transporter

CEO compensation surged in 2017

What this report finds: This report looks at trends in chief executive officer (CEO) compensation, using two different measures. The first measure includes stock options realized (in addition to salary, bonuses, restricted stock grants, and long-term incentive payouts). By this measure, in 2017 the average CEO of the 350 largest firms in the U.S. received $18.9 million in compensation, a 17.6 percent increase over 2016. The typical worker’s compensation remained flat, rising a mere 0.3 percent. The 2017 CEO-to-worker compensation ratio of 312-to-1 was far greater than the 20-to-1 ratio in 1965 and more than five times greater than the 58-to-1 ratio in 1989 (although it was lower than the peak ratio of 344-to-1, reached in 2000). The gap between the compensation of CEOs and other very-high-wage earners is also substantial, with the CEOs in large firms earning 5.5 times as much as the average earner in the top 0.1 percent.

CEO compensation has grown far faster than stock prices or corporate profits. CEO compensation rose by 979 percent (based on stock options granted) or 1,070 percent (based on stock options realized) between 1978 and 2017. The corresponding 637 percent growth in the stock market (S & P Index) was far lower. Both measures of compensation are substantially greater than the painfully slow 11.2 percent growth in the typical worker’s compensation over the same period and at least three times as fast as the 308 percent growth of wages for the very highest earners, those in the top 0.1 percent.

This is for 2017...before the tax cuts that have increased corporate profitability and led to large repatriation of cash. So it is reasonable to expect that when this report comes out next year the increase will be greater.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Between tax reduction, 401k match increase and pay increase... Almost.

Not quite, but almost. :yay:

Rommey

This is for 2017...before the tax cuts that have increased corporate profitability and led to large repatriation of cash. So it is reasonable to expect that when this report comes out next year the increase will be greater.
...and this affects you...how?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My income tanked hard under Obama and now sales are starting to come back. My business is dependent on other businesses doing well: if they are making money, they will spend some of it with me; if they aren't making money, they don't have it to spend.

Trickle down is *how* it works, as I have said numerous times.