12 ex-intel officials slam Trump

transporter

12 ex-intel officials slam Trump for 'ill-considered and unprecedented' action against Brennan

“The president’s action regarding John Brennan and the threats of similar action against other former officials has nothing to do with who should and should not hold security clearances — and everything to do with an attempt to stifle free speech,” the statement reads.

“As individuals who have cherished and helped preserve the right of Americans to free speech — even when that right has been used to criticize us — that signal is inappropriate and deeply regrettable.”[/
QUOTE]

Among the signers are six former CIA directors -- including retired Army Gen. David H. Petraeus, who was a potential candidate for secretary of state in the early days of the Trump administration.

Also in the group: five former deputy directors of the CIA, and former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, whose name reportedly appeared on a White House list of ex-officials who may soon join Brennan in losing their security clearances

Fox News is reporting news that is negative of Trump? Interesting.

"Inappropriate and regrettable": That pretty much sums up this Administration's actions to date.

Hijinx

Naaaah. They can only be wrong when Democrats think they're wrong.

IMO the way these different people who were all parts of different political administrations are sticking together on this show a kind of weakness in how our "intelligence" works.
Does it mean that although they served under different Presidents, their basic "Intelligence" remained the same?
Shouldn't they all have had different perspectives?

Midnightrider

IMO the way these different people who were all parts of different political administrations are sticking together on this show a kind of weakness in how our "intelligence" works.
Does it mean that although they served under different Presidents, their basic "Intelligence" remained the same?
Shouldn't they all have had different perspectives?
:killingme
That makes a lot of sense as long as you aren’t looking for logic or reason.

PsyOps

Pixelated
:killingme

Did you see the list of signatories?
Maybe, just maybe, trump is wrong on this.

I'm going to tell you this from first hand experience... this is not the military I know - where commanders take sides, and so overtly. Trump may be wrong on a lot of things, but he is the Commander in Chief and doesn't deserve this sort of disrespect. The commanders that signed this letter give our military a bad name. What sort of military produces political hacks?

And let's point out something else... This is only 12 people out of hundreds. A pin prick. But they don't recognize that the president has this authority. What they also don't recognize is Trump is not one of them - part of the establishment Trump is trying to get rid of - and I'm all for it. We are a weaker nation because of people like this - people that are supposed to show an air of neutrality in their politics. It's very sad to see people that held so much power would abuse this power and influence to destroy a duly elected and sitting president.

So, they can bitch and complain all they want about their precious security clearances and how unprecedented this is; while they are also committing unprecedented acts by condemning a sitting president.

EDIT: and another point on this... I suspect the reason former CIA directors jumped on this is because it breaks up their little club. I mentioned in another thread that all former and sitting CIA directors hold a conference every year to discuss ongoing and past intel. It requires having this clearance because of the classified nature of what they discuss. Brennen would be exempt. This breaks the club up, and they don't like it.

Last edited:

Rommey

“The president’s action regarding John Brennan and the threats of similar action against other former officials has nothing to do with who should and should not hold security clearances — and everything to do with an attempt to stifle free speech,” the statement reads.
So...someone needs a security clearance to maintain their right to free speech?

PsyOps

Pixelated
So...someone needs a security clearance to maintain their right to free speech?

That has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. These are supposed to be highly intelligent people, and make such ignorant statements. Again, these people are having their authority within the establishment stripped away; something they've had control over for decades; and they are lost as to how to deal with it. The other part is, they are slowly getting caught with their hands in the cookie jar regarding the whole Trump collusion bit.

Pete

Repete
12 ex-intel officials slam Trump for 'ill-considered and unprecedented' action against Brennan

“As individuals who have cherished and helped preserve the right of Americans to free speech — even when that right has been used to criticize us — that signal is inappropriate and deeply regrettable.”[/
QUOTE]

Fox News is reporting news that is negative of Trump? Interesting.

"Inappropriate and regrettable": That pretty much sums up this Administration's actions to date.
Good for them

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And there are other opinions too...

“I think most Americans look at our national intelligence experts as being above politics. Mr. Brennan has demonstrated that that’s not the case. He’s been totally political. I think I called him a butthead, and I meant it. I think he’s given the national intelligence community a bad name. I don’t see why he would need a security clearance. I really don’t,” Kennedy said.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-arter/sen-john-kennedy-john-brennan-butthead-who-gave-intel-community-bad-name