World War II-era submarine flooded by vandals in New Jersey

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
A group of New Jersey vandals this weekend did what the Nazis couldn't — sink the USS Ling. At least partially.

The intruders boarded the World War II-era vessel, which is berthed in a New Jersey river, and opened underwater hatches, flooding the sub. The thieves also stole several plaques.

Navy veteran Jack Brown, a trustee on the Submarine Memorial Association, which is responsible for maintaining the USS Ling, told FOX5 he was at the New Jersey Naval Museum in Hackensack on Sunday when he noticed something was off.

"I noticed the boat looked very low in the water," Brown said. "[Vandals] cut through with bolt cutters, I guess, got in and opened all the hatches. The equipment and artifacts inside are ruined."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/1...bmarine-flooded-by-vandals-in-new-jersey.html

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
:frown: What a shame and such a senseless crime. My dad must be rolling in his grave as he was born and raised in Hackensack, plus was a 20 year Navy veteran.

Hijinx

A group of New Jersey vandals this weekend did what the Nazis couldn't — sink the USS Ling. At least partially.

The intruders boarded the World War II-era vessel, which is berthed in a New Jersey river, and opened underwater hatches, flooding the sub. The thieves also stole several plaques.

Navy veteran Jack Brown, a trustee on the Submarine Memorial Association, which is responsible for maintaining the USS Ling, told FOX5 he was at the New Jersey Naval Museum in Hackensack on Sunday when he noticed something was off.

"I noticed the boat looked very low in the water," Brown said. "[Vandals] cut through with bolt cutters, I guess, got in and opened all the hatches. The equipment and artifacts inside are ruined."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/1...bmarine-flooded-by-vandals-in-new-jersey.html

My first thought was how stupid was it to not fix those underwater valves and hatches so that they could not be reached or messed with, but it appears that the perpetrators came prepared with whatever it took to beat the Museum's security. It also appears they knew a lot about submarines to know where to go and what to do.

I hope they get caught and put away for a long time.

The perps obviously have zero respect for what this ship means, and I doubt they ever served. I'd like to see them force enrolled into the Navy and serve on an active sub.

BOP

I can't decide which I hate worse: a phucking thief, or a phucking vandal. It's a toss-up. Speedy trial followed by public execution on ppv.