Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smokey Joes Restaurant Closes Their Doors in Lexington Park, and Reopens in Leonardtown

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    I've had the same thoughts, as well. But it will make L'town a bit more diverse in dinner choices. We won't be going back to Dos Amigos. Ever.
    I'm not thrilled with any of the so called "Mexican' food dispensaries in the area. To me, they are all the same. Big menu with lots of combinations of the same slop.

Smokey Joe's was always hit or miss, hope their quality and offerings stabilize in their new location.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Wonder what plans the owner of the space in Lexington Park has? Fairly valuable high traffic spot. Maybe a liquor store :)
    such a romantic, easy to get in and out location.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

Wonder what plans the owner of the space in Lexington Park has? Fairly valuable high traffic spot. Maybe a liquor store :)
    It would make a great spot for another Adult Store..... Well not really, no parking out back for the religious folks...
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    You have a psychiatric disorder. Get help.

Funny smokey Joes story, I was waiting on my food one day at lunch time and there was another guy standing there also waiting. He had been waiting for a while because he was there when I ordered. I got my food sat down and was eating. A guy brings a plate out and someone in the kitchen are bumps into him and this guys ribs fall off the plate on the floor. The guy waiting on his food looked like he was about ready to cry (the ribs did look good).

The guy in the kitchen picks them up off the floor, says I will get you another, goes into the back and comes out within 30 seconds. Everyone that witnessed it is sitting there wondering if he actually got new ribs or the ones that got dropped on the floor.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

I like dropping in to Smokey's on a whim for lunch. My favorite is a French dip, but I get sliced pork instead of beef. Really good.

I was in there earlier this week, saw the sign for reduced hours and new store. I too was hoping it was an expansion and not a relocation. Oh well.... Ltown is a bit of a drive for a last minute lunch thought, so I probably won't get up there nearly as often as I had.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    Funny smokey Joes story, I was waiting on my food one day at lunch time and there was another guy standing there also waiting. He had been waiting for a while because he was there when I ordered. I got my food sat down and was eating. A guy brings a plate out and someone in the kitchen are bumps into him and this guys ribs fall off the plate on the floor. The guy waiting on his food looked like he was about ready to cry (the ribs did look good).

The guy in the kitchen picks them up off the floor, says I will get you another, goes into the back and comes out within 30 seconds. Everyone that witnessed it is sitting there wondering if he actually got new ribs or the ones that got dropped on the floor.
    I'm not a fan of Smoky Joe's specifically because of stories like this.

First, the food doesn't come out consistently - you'll have three people in your group and two will be finished eating by the time the third person's food comes out. There is no rhyme or reason to this. I have waited 20+ minutes for a rib platter that should have been a simple plating, and have also had someone in my party wait 20+ mins for a sliced beef sandwich while the rest of us had ribs come out almost immediately.

Second, on more than one occasion I have been served moldy green bread. The first time, I brought it to the counter person's attention and he looked at me blankly for a second, took my plate in the back with his back to me, futzed with the sandwich for a couple seconds, and brought the plate back to me. You guessed it: he tore off the moldy parts and gave me the sandwich back. The next time this happened, I threw my lunch away and haven't been back since.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

We have tried the new BBQ joint at the old Copsey's carryout in Mechanicsville twice. Both times the pulled pork and ribs have been good. Cole slaw good, not too sweet. Collards decent but somewhat bland. Potato salad not great. Local folks, glad to have another option in N. St. Mary's

Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    My wife said that the land was sold to the Toyota dealership.
    They will be building a used car dealership.

Airco's been kicked to the curb, too.

Guess we're getting much more of Crain Highway, Waldorf.
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Last time I ate at Smokey Joes I got severe food poisoning. Have never been back. I'll stick with Mission for now.

Members who have read this thread: 89