"What "they've" done to him"???

transporter

Trump defends ex-aide Manafort as jury weighs verdict
In remarks to reporters at the White House, Trump again called Mueller’s investigation, which had cast a cloud over his presidency, a “rigged witch hunt,” but sidestepped a question about whether he would issue a presidential pardon for Manafort.

“I think the whole Manafort trial is very sad, when you look at what’s going on there. I think it’s a very sad day for our country,” Trump said.

“He worked for me for a very short period of time. But you know what? He happens to be a very good person. And I think it’s very sad what they’ve done to Paul Manafort.”

Really? What "THEY'VE" done to Paul Manafort??

Who forced Paul Manafort to hide all the money he made from taxes?? Who exactly forced him to evade taxes?

Who forced Paul Manafort to dangle Administration jobs before bankers in order to obtain loans? Who exactly forced him to bribe folks? Who forced him to defraud banks?

Who is "they" that make Paul Manafort do all these illegal things???

This_person

Who forced Paul Manafort to hide all the money he made from taxes?? Who exactly forced him to evade taxes?

Who forced Paul Manafort to dangle Administration jobs before bankers in order to obtain loans? Who exactly forced him to bribe folks? Who forced him to defraud banks?

HOLY CRAP!!! We (almost) AGREE on something.

:shudder:

I feel so dirty.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yes, it's certainly routine to appoint a special prosecutor to nab a tax cheat.

:rolleyes:

Mueller should have to pay back all our money he's pissed away.

CPUSA

The criminal organization known as the Internal Revenue Service?

The banking reps who suggested that a position in the Administration might help them in their decision to give PM a loan?

He was found guilty? Please post the story about this

This_person

Then why did Mueller take it over?

There's only one logical reason, but I'll wait and see if anyone else is connecting these dots.

I agree there's only one logical reason - they couldn't find any dirt on Trump, so they were hoping to squeeze dirt out of someone "close" to him through threats.

Apparently, either there isn't anything to squeeze, or their threats were not sufficient.

Grumpy

. so they were hoping to squeeze dirt out of someone "close" to him through threats.

Let's see..a guy being tried for a non-violent crime(s) being held in solitary confinement while folks training children to shoot up schools are out on 20k bail...Is this a great country or what??

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I agree there's only one logical reason - they couldn't find any dirt on Trump, so they were hoping to squeeze dirt out of someone "close" to him through threats.

Apparently, either there isn't anything to squeeze, or their threats were not sufficient.

:yay:

SamSpade

I didn't know the jury had rendered their verdict yet.

Had he never worked for Trump - and got caught - his life would never be the freak show it is now.
It is simply political vindictiveness that has put him through this.
And he wouldn't be facing 305 years for tax fraud - maybe a few.
Damn, even rapists only get about ten to twelve, on average.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Let's see..a guy being tried for a non-violent crime(s) being held in solitary confinement while folks training children to shoot up schools are out on 20k bail...Is this a great country or what??

I get the solitary confinement - who the hell wants to mingle with a bunch of convicts? If I ever went to prison I'd do anything I could to be put in solitary.

Which leads to the question, why no bail? "Oh, he's a flight risk!" Right, with his family and his home and his business interests and everything else - yeah, that's a flight risk right there. :rolleyes:

They let insane murderers and rapists out on bail every single day, yet Paul Manafort is denied?

Tigga, please. I think we all know why he was denied bail and has been placed in solitary confinement: it's to "break" him so that he'll make stuff up if he has to to get out of there. There's no other reason why an accused tax cheat would be treated this way.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I didn't know the jury had rendered their verdict yet.

Had he never worked for Trump - and got caught - his life would never be the freak show it is now.
It is simply political vindictiveness that has put him through this.
And he wouldn't be facing 305 years for tax fraud - maybe a few.
Damn, even rapists only get about ten to twelve, on average.

How many people do you think someone has to murder to be looking at 305 years?