Armed furniture store owner fights back

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
An Indiana furniture store owner turned the tables on a would-be armed robber last month, pulling out his own firearm and forcing the suspect to bolt.

According to the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, the suspect walked into the store and spoke to owner Doyle Stinson on the morning of July 5. Police said the suspect pulled out a gun and demanded money.

Stinson said he gave the suspect $10 from his wallet, but the man told him: "I know you've got more money than that because this is a business." The suspect then marched Stinson to the owner's office and the back of the store.

"Once he gets me back to the back room, that was a mistake," Stinson told Fox 59. "I go back here, I hit my silent alarm emergency button."

Stinson told the station that he knew the would-be robber's gun wasn't loaded. When the pair got to his office, the store owner grabbed his own .40-caliber weapon.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/1...hts-back-would-be-robber-in-indianapolis.html

Hijinx

Love the picture. Holding an empty gun in the sideways idiot position used by you tube watching ghetto gangbangers.

glhs837

Power with Control
If his concern was that his round would go through three or more things, maybe he need to revisit his chosen caliber......

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I'm curious as to what he observed that made him believe the perps gun wasn't loaded.

black dog

Free America
I'm curious as to what he observed that made him believe the perps gun wasn't loaded.

Exactly..
Maybe a lack of having a magazine? If that's the case only a fool would trust a magazine disconnect.. not many pistols have that feature.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Exactly..
Maybe a lack of having a magazine? If that's the case only a fool would trust a magazine disconnect.. not many pistols have that feature.

Possibly. I can't see enough of the grip in the camera shot to know.

True. Of all my semi-autos, only one has that feature. It certainly isnt' common.

Chris0nllyn

If his concern was that his round would go through three or more things, maybe he need to revisit his chosen caliber......

He was worried about a round going through the glass and hitting a child he saw on the other side. Caliber change won't do much in that regard.

He said in his interview with the news that it was the sound of the hammer being cocked back. Not sure if he's some sort of savant or just dumb, though he did call it an "automatic" handgun.

black dog

Free America
He was worried about a round going through the glass and hitting a child he saw on the other side. Caliber change won't do much in that regard.

He said in his interview with the news that it was the sound of the hammer being cocked back. Not sure if he's some sort of savant or just dumb, though he did call it an "automatic" handgun.

He must be a savant, the sad part is even someone holding a pistol sideways can get lucky and like a blind squirrel just find a nut once in awhile.
He's most likely a lucky man the robber turned and ran.
But he did think before he thought about pulling the trigger.

I'm thinking it was more of an afterthought. He got thru the incident, discovered the gun was unloaded, and bravado took over to cover his shaking.

"Of course I knew it was unloaded!"

black dog

Free America
It would be like looking at the stupid end of a revolver and seeing one bullet in a chamber next to the barrel. And going well that's a Colt, and they spin CCW...

I think.....

glhs837

Power with Control

From the linked article.....

"If you're shooting a .40-caliber, it's going to go through him, through this merchandise, through that window, and what's beyond that window,” Stinson said, "[The boy's] got a lot more to live than me."

Now, I'm a simple ordie, and we have been know to need our footwear and socks removed to hit double didgits, buuuuuut......... :)

1. Him (Bad guy)
2. Merchandise
3. Window
4. whats beyond that window (young boy with lots of life left)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Now, I'm a simple ordie, and we have been know to need our footwear and socks removed to hit double didgits, buuuuuut......... :)

1. Him (Bad guy)
2. Merchandise
3. Window
4. whats beyond that window (young boy with lots of life left)

Unless his "40" is .408 CheyTac, I'm pretty sure it would have ended up in the perp.

glhs837

Power with Control
Unless his "40" is .408 CheyTac, I'm pretty sure it would have ended up in the perp.

Assuming he could put the bullet there. Might be he was unsure of that and so withheld fire, and told this tale to account for why he didnt put the guy down. This way he comes off as a magnanimous Dirty Harry and not an unsure sometime shooter. Not criticising, hey, he got the bad guy to stop doing bad guy things, for that day anyway.