Federal Judge Denies CNN Request To Dox Jurors In Manafort Trial

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Federalist reported that CNN, along with a conglomerate of other media outlets, filed a motion Friday morning to publicly reveal the names and home addresses of those serving on the jury in the trial after jurors asked the judge questions that legal experts interpreted as favorable for Manafort’s defense attorneys and unfavorable for the prosecution.

CNN has a history of going after private individuals who do things that offend the network’s political sensibilities, like that time one of their reporters threatened to dox a Reddit user unless he (or she) was nicer to the news network. CNN also sent a correspondent earlier this year to an elderly woman’s front lawn to demand she explain herself after reportedly sharing pro-Trump memes on Facebook that were created by a Russian bot factory.

On Friday afternoon, the jury broke for the weekend without a verdict in the trial. Jury deliberations are set to resume Monday morning.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/08/17/federal-judge-denies-cnn-request-dox-jurors-manafort-trial/

Salmon

I am torn here. Unless there’s evidence of misconduct, then I don’t see any need to disclose juror information.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I am torn here. Unless there’s evidence of misconduct, then I don’t see any need to disclose juror information.

.... CNN, along with a conglomerate of other media outlets, filed a motion Friday morning to publicly reveal the names and home addresses of those serving on the jury in the trial after jurors asked the judge questions that legal experts interpreted as favorable for Manafort’s defense attorneys and unfavorable for the prosecution.

well CNN and other 'news' outlets certainly are claiming so