175 more

transporter

Some 175 former officials criticize Trump on Brennan revocation

(Reuters) - More than 175 former State Department and Pentagon officials added their names to a statement signed by national security officials criticizing President Donald Trump’s decision to cancel the security clearance of former Central Intelligence Agency director John Brennan.

New signatories to the statement, which was initially issued last week by 15 former directors and deputy chiefs of the CIA and Office of Director of National Intelligence, include former political appointees and career civil servants. They worked under both Democratic and Republican presidents.

Among the most prominent individuals to sign a new version of the statement released on Monday by senior officials from the George W. Bush and Obama administrations are former State Department and National Security Counsel lawyer John Bellinger, former Deputy Secretaries of State Anthony Blinken and William Burns, former Undersecretaries of State Nicholas Burns, Wendy Sherman and Thomas Pickering.

Also, former National Security Agency general counsel Robert Deitz, former National Counterterrorism Center directors Michael Leiter and Nick Rasmussen, former National Security Advisor Anthony Lake and former NATO commander Admiral James Stavridis.

While those signing may not agree with all of Brennan’s public attacks on Trump, the statement reads, they believe that “the country will be weakened if there is a political litmus test applied” before expert former officials are allowed to voice their views.

For those who still don't understand this (which is, not surprisingly, the majority of those on here), this is not a partisan issue. The issues are national security, intelligence and abuse of power issue.

Why "abuse of power"...since I am sure most of you won't understand this either...just because the President has an authority does not mean he should use it. A process is in place for the revocation of security clearances...the President (as usual) ignored the process.

Maybe the best thing that will come out of this disgraceful Presidency are some new restraints on executive power. Everything you "conservatives" b!tched about under Obama pales in comparison to what Trump is doing.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The issues are national security, intelligence and abuse of power issue.

Gosh 172 ... I am glad we don't manage this country on mob rule
Indeed, that lying sack of s h i t e should have had his clearance revoked after lying to Congress.

Everything you "conservatives" b!tched about under Obama pales in comparison to what Trump is doing.

:bs: - if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor

Let Me Remind you what you said a while back;

:tantrum

Every post you make is against anyone or any group that doesn't conform to your propagandist viewpoints.

You Were Saying .... You Miserable Git

:blahblah:

Fantasy, Supposition, Innuendo and Unfounded OPINION

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Gosh 172 ... I am glad we don't manage this country on mob rule
Indeed, that lying sack of s h i t e should have had his clearance revoked after lying to Congress.

Being a former Commie he never should have had one to begin with... But then that would have excluded Obamas entire administration.

SamSpade

Just for lying to Congress and spying on the Senate, he should be horsewhipped.

He is getting off *EASY*.

SamSpade

What?? Democrats AND Republicans????.

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Yes, there are intel personnel who don't think you should have your security clearance yanked for political reasons.

IF it was purely political - I would actually agree. But the man has done worse than that.

It is LONG OVERDUE.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Fascinating how out of sorts they get when those deplorable peasants get out of line and vote for the wrong guy, isn't it?

What gets me is that because they are such slaves to their Party masters, it means everyone is. They would never dare disagree with the Democrat Doctrine, no matter how ridiculous, and they think Republicans are the same way.

Sapidus

Still trusting a lying, snake oil salesman who dodged the draft over 175 who have served our country selflessly.

How do you guys even make sense to yourselves?

CPUSA

Still trusting a lying, snake oil salesman who dodged the draft over 175 who have served our country selflessly.

How do you guys even make sense to yourselves?

The lying snake hightailed it out of here on Jan. 20, 2017 sweetie.
While the city burned...It reminded me of Nero's Rome....

Salmon

This retaliation won’t hold up in court. Trump is about to get schooled by the courts yet again.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
This retaliation won’t hold up in court. Trump is about to get schooled by the courts yet again.

LMAO....you forgot to point to the source for your bogus claim. Trump can revoke anyone's clearance...at any time. Now go along and be a good little child and find the legal language that says otherwise..or just go away.

Salmon

LMAO....you forgot to point to the source for your bogus claim. Trump can revoke anyone's clearance...at any time. Now go along and be a good little child and find the legal language that says otherwise..or just go away.
This is America. People have the right to free speech. Trump is overstepping his authority for revoking a clearance just because he doesn’t like someone. The courts won’t allow him.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
This is America. People have the right to free speech. Trump is overstepping his authority for revoking a clearance just because he doesn’t like someone. The courts won’t allow him.

Explain what revoking that arse-clown's clearance does to impede his First Amendment rights? And while you are at it, you still have to provide links to the law you expect a court challenge to based on.

Or you could just slink away, like you usually do.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Free speech has nothing to do with a security clearance.

Go back to your juice box and cartoons.