I hate HOA's too.

SamSpade

You know - I see why people would like to HAVE HOA's. Until recently, we had a neighbor whose property looked like an episode of Sanford and Son.
Junk and trash everywhere - grass almost never mowed - parts of the yard could be mistaken for the dump. It looked like hell.
Fortunately - they were just as irresponsible in paying their bills, and they're gone. Property looks a LITTLE better. But it didn't do wonders
for the property values of the neighbors.

On the other hand - every place I've lived that HAD an HOA always was a PITA on little minutiae which I can only guess were from
complaints from annoying neighbors who are easily offended and have too much time on their hands.

This_person

On the other hand - every place I've lived that HAD an HOA always was a PITA on little minutiae which I can only guess were from
complaints from annoying neighbors who are easily offended and have too much time on their hands.

I think it is the Napoleon Complex, or some version of that. It's the problem of small (minded) people having even the smallest amount of power, and it going to their heads. They think they are "all that" (so to speak).

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When I bought my house I specifically looked for 'hoods with no HOA. My next door neighbor's yard and carport were a wreck, but I'd rather have that than some power hungry retiree bothering me with stupid crap.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
You know - I see why people would like to HAVE HOA's. Until recently, we had a neighbor whose property looked like an episode of Sanford and Son.
Junk and trash everywhere - grass almost never mowed - parts of the yard could be mistaken for the dump. It looked like hell.
Fortunately - they were just as irresponsible in paying their bills, and they're gone. Property looks a LITTLE better. But it didn't do wonders
for the property values of the neighbors.

I didn't know you were my neighbor. Sorry about all that. We were going through some pretty tough times. I hope the new neighbors keep the place tidy.
:cheers:

Hijinx

I didn't know you were my neighbor. Sorry about all that. We were going through some pretty tough times. I hope the new neighbors keep the place tidy.
:cheers:

There are cheaper ways to make your place look like crap than buying junk cars.
Buy a junk car and you have to insure and put tags on it to leave it in the street, and WTH if you are going to do that you may as well let the air out of the tires and leave the hoods up.

Hijinx

I could never live in a property that was subject to an HOA.

I went through the settlement placed on the old Clark dairy farm the other day and wondered why anyone would want to live in such close proximity to one another.
The one at The Villages between 234 and 5 is just as bad.
When your neighbor flush's his toilet you can hear the flush.

Not for me.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I went through the settlement placed on the old Clark dairy farm the other day and wondered why anyone would want to live in such close proximity to one another.
The one at The Villages between 234 and 5 is just as bad.
When your neighbor flush's his toilet you can hear the flush.

Not for me.

That used to be a farm.