Cheeseburger in Paradise

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm seeing on Facebook that they closed yesterday. No notice to anyone. Employees were told yesterday that they were closing at the end of the day. If so, that sucks for them.

black dog

Free America
Seems whatever chain Lubys buys they turn it to crap within 5-10 years.
They did the same to Fuddruckers.

Too many people losing trucks in the parking lot.

It was decent when they first opened, but went downhill. It's been a very long time since I've gone there.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Too many people losing trucks in the parking lot.

It was decent when they first opened, but went downhill. It's been a very long time since I've gone there.

:lmao:

I don't remember the last time I ate there.

frequentflier

happy to be living
The handful of times I did go there, I was unimpressed with both the food and the service. And the music was so loud inside. Call me old- HA!- but I want to be able to talk to my friends without yelling!

MiddleGround

It was decent when they first opened, but went downhill.

That seems to be the common theme around here. Corporate opens a place and runs it tip-top for about 6 months to a year. Then, they hand it all over to 'local talent' and the place goes to sh!t. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Food and service was the worst in the area.......suprised they lasted as long as they did......

That seems to be the common theme around here. Corporate opens a place and runs it tip-top for about 6 months to a year. Then, they hand it all over to 'local talent' and the place goes to sh!t. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

It's not just the big chains. Same thing happens with many of the local one-of-a-kind shops too. Lack of good help, fatigue after too many long days, growing lack of interest over time in keeping it alive....

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It's not just the big chains. Same thing happens with many of the local one-of-a-kind shops too. Lack of good help, fatigue after too many long days, growing lack of interest over time in keeping it alive....

It pissed me off to not get my coin change back, even when I asked for it. That ended up being the servers tip.

awpitt

Main Streeter
It doesn't seem it was a lack of business. They always seemed to be busy. Must have been doing something right.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I liked to drink there but the food was always icky. I'm not a fan of sweet things on real food and every menu item seemed to have a sweet salsa or something associated with it.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I had a Cuban sandwich there once. It wasn't as good as the ones I've had at the mom & pop places in Miami but it was still decent.

:yay: I'm right there with you. The best fish tacos I've ever had was at a small place on the Miami River not far from the Merrill Steven shipyard in Miami.