Local Scenic Drives

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I want to take a scenic day drive this weekend (as long as decent weather stays). My guy has a little car he likes to dust off and drive every once in awhile but all summer long I haven't been able to make any of his drives. He likes to find a scenic drive and sometimes stop and fly his little drones with cameras and stuff and take pretty aerial pics for fun. We could use a little time to ourselves, even just for a few hours.

I am looking for somewhere, within 2-3 hours drive, have something to look forward to - say a nice little restaurant on the water - and drive back within a day, not looking for an over night trip. Can be anywhere in MD or VA although I'd prefer to avoid the Bay Bridge on a summer weekend. And if I'm being honest, I'd prefer to avoid the beltway area too. I know there's tons of scenic views in Western MD...that will have to be for another time.

Tell me there's some little hidden gem of a town over the bridge in King George/Caroline/Lancaster/Northumberland/Essex Counties...I drive 301 all the time to Richmond for family stuff and I always think there has to be some nice views/places/people down these other state roads I pass on my way.

glhs837

Power with Control
Rt 218 just across teh bridge is a great driving road. Not scenic per se, but a great road to cruise down. Maybe head up Aquia Creek way and see what you can find....

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Rt 218 just across teh bridge is a great driving road. Not scenic per se, but a great road to cruise down. Maybe head up Aquia Creek way and see what you can find....

:yay: I have taken 218 a few times when I worked in Dahlgren! But it's been awhile...