Thread: Local Scenic Drives

Local Scenic Drives

I want to take a scenic day drive this weekend (as long as decent weather stays). My guy has a little car he likes to dust off and drive every once in awhile but all summer long I haven't been able to make any of his drives. He likes to find a scenic drive and sometimes stop and fly his little drones with cameras and stuff and take pretty aerial pics for fun. We could use a little time to ourselves, even just for a few hours.

I am looking for somewhere, within 2-3 hours drive, have something to look forward to - say a nice little restaurant on the water - and drive back within a day, not looking for an over night trip. Can be anywhere in MD or VA although I'd prefer to avoid the Bay Bridge on a summer weekend. And if I'm being honest, I'd prefer to avoid the beltway area too. I know there's tons of scenic views in Western MD...that will have to be for another time.

Tell me there's some little hidden gem of a town over the bridge in King George/Caroline/Lancaster/Northumberland/Essex Counties...I drive 301 all the time to Richmond for family stuff and I always think there has to be some nice views/places/people down these other state roads I pass on my way.
    none of my yoga pants have ever been to yoga.

Not sure if you like wine, but this may be an option in the Northern Neck. You could forgo the wineries and see other sites along the way. https://chesapeakebaywinetrail.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    Not sure if you like wine, but this may be an option in the Northern Neck. You could forgo the wineries and see other sites along the way. https://chesapeakebaywinetrail.com/
    bless you.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky_bee View Post
    bless you.

Post pic's!
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Rt 218 just across teh bridge is a great driving road. Not scenic per se, but a great road to cruise down. Maybe head up Aquia Creek way and see what you can find....
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Rt 218 just across teh bridge is a great driving road. Not scenic per se, but a great road to cruise down. Maybe head up Aquia Creek way and see what you can find....
    I have taken 218 a few times when I worked in Dahlgren! But it's been awhile...

Members who have read this thread: 20