Maryland Terrapins football...

GregV814

would any of you, (even strongman Sammond and Tranny) be upset if the Board of Regents cancelled the UMD football season in response to some student player's death during training??? Just a straight up Yes or No...

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
This team is in turmoil. They will struggle to win, even against their cupcake opponents. I predict an ohfer in conference play.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Talk about shooting themselves in the foot. MD football and basketball brings in boatloads of cash, enough to pay for all the other sports.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Nope, would actually like to see all the big money collegiate sports programs dismantled.
Colleges and Universities should be in the business of education, not feeding onto our society's bread and circuses atmosphere.

PeoplesElbow

Football can bring a lot of good to a college. My second year of college my school made a major bowl and there was a huge influx of money into the school. The revenue from the football team that year paid for a huge upgrade to the main library and it was brought into the digital age. For the most part mens basketball is revenue neutral but builds facilities used by other sports. Mens basket ball and football allow other programs such as field hockey, rifle, curling, hockey etc to exist.

officeguy

would any of you, (even strongman Sammond and Tranny) be upset if the Board of Regents cancelled the UMD football season in response to some student player's death during training??? Just a straight up Yes or No...

I wouldn't be upset if they cancelled the football program. Not for the player death, but because it is a distraction from the mission of the university.