Democrats Are Leaving Their Party in Droves. Conservatives Should Pay Attention.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Two thousand years ago, St. Paul found himself blinded by a bright light on the road to Damascus. The dramatic experience led him to stop persecuting his opponents and to take up new beliefs.

Today, many former leftists are taking their first steps on their own road to Damascus, and the right is not doing nearly enough to capitalize on this unprecedented mass exit from the left.

It all began just a few short weeks ago when gay New York hairdresser Brandon Straka posted a hard-hitting video explaining why he is no longer a Democrat or a liberal. Since then, his #WalkAway Campaign Facebook group has attracted more than 172,000 members. A multitude of videos from other WalkAways have been posted online.

Make no mistake, the left has been greatly rattled by all this. The left’s treatment of the #WalkAway Campaign mirrors the way it reacted to the Tea Party movement. First, it ignored it, hoping it would go away. Then it moved on to minimizing and attempting ridicule, which it has done with #WalkAway. Steven Colbert and others claimed that the #WalkAway Campaign is just run by Russian bots.

Having seen that fail, the next step was to try to co-opt it with its own movement.

Democrats Are Leaving Their Party in Droves. Conservatives Should Pay Attention.

but hey there are all just Russian Bots :shrug: Right ... 172,000 Bots

SamSpade

I've been following Walkaway and the stories are all very interesting.

However, 172,000 really is not a lot, even in the short time they've been at it. And while a lot of the stories are exactly like what I've come across in real life,
many of them are people who "walked away" prior to the last election cycle. Granted, a great deal of them have been put off by the nastiness and vulgarity
of the emerging left - and feel their party has left them - it's not a "wave". At least not yet. They will need another platform other than Facebook.

I suspect there are probably a lot of people out there who feel as they do - that their party no longer suits them, but they're just as likely to just shrug
and stay home.

What IS happening is - a lot of Democratic voters are showing up in the primaries, and if registered voters can be persuaded to show up in large numbers -
in a primary - in a mid-term - it's a big deal.

If the GOP really wants to keep the House (there's pretty much no chance they'll lose the Senate) they will have to change the message to their base
of "red wave, don't worry, it will be all right". Historically that has encouraged people to just stay home, thinking their vote isn't needed. Large Trump rallies
are not proof of vast support - just undiminished support from the base.

Hijinx

I fail to see how voters can look at entertainers like Rosie O'Donnell and Robert DeNiro, this Griffith POS and agree with their vitriol.
These people in spite of their celebrity are low lifes. Scum.

To see Chuck the Schmuck and Pelosi and their never ceasing attacks on America, and watch as they try to fill America with Mexican flag toting illegals.

Reason enough to look at the Democrat party and decide to leave.

SamSpade

I fail to see how voters can look at entertainers like Rosie O'Donnell and Robert DeNiro, this Griffith POS and agree with their vitriol.

I know a few - they profoundly hate Trump and Republicans - so that these people are just saying openly what they say among their friends.
Even though they're family - I've turned off the bulk of their social media feeds, because it's a several times daily dump on Trump parade.
I don't even get to hear about their family, their pets, their friends, their vacation - just GOP and Trump, all day, every day.

Hijinx

I know a few - they profoundly hate Trump and Republicans - so that these people are just saying openly what they say among their friends.
Even though they're family - I've turned off the bulk of their social media feeds, because it's a several times daily dump on Trump parade.
I don't even get to hear about their family, their pets, their friends, their vacation - just GOP and Trump, all day, every day.

I have a liberal neighbor and we both totally ignore politics with each other.
He is a nice fellow but totally consumed with being a Democrat.
Best leave him to his own thoughts as he accepts no other.