Maryland Flags at Half Staff for John McCain

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is to advise that Governor Larry Hogan ordered the Maryland State Flag lowered to half-staff effective immediately and returned to full-staff at sunset on the day of interment (date not yet known).
This action is in honor of United States Senator John McCain who passed away on Saturday, August 25, 2018. Per United States Code, the United States Flag will return to full-staff at sunset on the day after death, today, August 26, 2018, as stated in the previous notification.

littlelady

God bless the USA
This is to advise that Governor Larry Hogan ordered the Maryland State Flag lowered to half-staff effective immediately and returned to full-staff at sunset on the day of interment (date not yet known).
This action is in honor of United States Senator John McCain who passed away on Saturday, August 25, 2018. Per United States Code, the United States Flag will return to full-staff at sunset on the day after death, today, August 26, 2018, as stated in the previous notification.

It is nice to see someone following the code. RIP, John McCain. Your deeds/legacy will out live you because true Americans don’t forget, and are not stupid. I have to say that John was the male version of Hillary. :baby: It is called a pacifier. Pun intended.

Last edited:

awpitt

Main Streeter
Actually.... Better late than never. I'm glad to see that he decided to do the right thing.

As a mark of respect for the memory and longstanding service of Senator John Sidney McCain III, I hereby order, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset, on the day of interment. I also direct that the flag shall be flown at half‑staff for the same period at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twenty-seventh day of August, in the year of our Lord two thousand eighteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-third.
DONALD J. TRUMP​

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presiden...amation-death-senator-john-sidney-mccain-iii/

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think we should honor John McCain by making him President. Since he's dead, his wife can take his place.

:coffee:

Bonehead

Really tired of every news broadcast pissing and moaning about his death, bury the turd already.

PeoplesElbow

:lol:

I've been watching Seinfeld reruns at the gym because every news station is obsessing about John McCain.

These are all the people that said they would vote for a Republican like John McCain and then vilified him when he was actually running for President.

mitzi

Hypocrisy is right. I ask again, how many people here bashing him voted for him in 2008?? I'd bet my life you sure didn't vote for Obama.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hypocrisy is right. I ask again, how many people here bashing him voted for him in 2008?? I'd bet my life you sure didn't vote for Obama.

Casting a cursory vote for him doesn't make him any less of a ####bag. It just means he was less of a ####bag than Barack Obama.

In this country it is not required that we worship our government or politicians.

mitzi

Casting a cursory vote for him doesn't make him any less of a ####bag. It just means he was less of a ####bag than Barack Obama.

In this country it is not required that we worship our government or politicians.

Nobody said worship. I just can't understand voting for someone that's so disliked. He's been called a traitor, songbird and a whole list of other things. Yet, he was voted for to become President by a lot of people ripping him to shreds and saying they're glad he's dead. I couldn't vote for someone I had so much disdain for.

black dog

Free America
Nobody said worship. I just can't understand voting for someone that's so disliked. He's been called a traitor, songbird and a whole list of other things. Yet, he was voted for to become President by a lot of people ripping him to shreds and saying they're glad he's dead. I couldn't vote for someone I had so much disdain for.

So then you would vote for someone that has nothing, absolutely nothing in common with your believes or political party?

Virtually every election in the past 40+ years I have voted for a president I really didn't want to vote for. When I don't align with who's running, I just pick the lesser evil instead of wasting my vote on a write in or a third party.

stgislander

PREMO Member
The postal worker in Piney Point today must not like McCain. She lowered the flag to only 3/4 staff.