I've Kinda Gotten Hooked...

...on these YouTube videos, "How Not to Drive Your Car". Mostly Russian drivers. There's a few things I've learned:

Video cams seem to be standard equipment in most Russian vehicles.
Lane markers and traffic signals are distractions and to be ignored.
There is only one setting for gas pedals, full on.
Brakes are for wussies.
Vehicles are designed to depart their lane on a whim at any time.
Vehicles are also designed to have parts like engine hoods and wheels depart the car at random times.
If you are in an accident, it's perfectly OK to not stop and continue driving.
A 6 foot wide vehicle will absolutely fit in a 4 foot wide opening.

And lots more valuable hints, tips and tricks for anyone going to drive in Russia.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
...on these YouTube videos, "How Not to Drive Your Car". Mostly Russian drivers. There's a few things I've learned:

Video cams seem to be standard equipment in most Russian vehicles.
Lane markers and traffic signals are distractions and to be ignored.
There is only one setting for gas pedals, full on.
Brakes are for wussies.
Vehicles are designed to depart their lane on a whim at any time.
Vehicles are also designed to have parts like engine hoods and wheels depart the car at random times.
If you are in an accident, it's perfectly OK to not stop and continue driving.
A 6 foot wide vehicle will absolutely fit in a 4 foot wide opening.

And lots more valuable hints, tips and tricks for anyone going to drive in Russia.

Having lived and worked there let me say, "Yup."

One of the funnier things I/we saw (this was back in the 1990s) was how many folks seemed to be using construction cranes as commuter vehicles. Nothing like seeing a big 100' crane pulling into a grocery store parking lot to pick up a liter or two of kvass!

--- End of line (MCP)

MiddleGround

Ahh yes. I always love the deceptive 'hot chick' on the Youtube link that is nowhere in the video. :lmao: Do people really fall fo rthat?

Ahh yes. I always love the deceptive 'hot chick' on the Youtube link that is nowhere in the video. :lmao: Do people really fall fo rthat?

Apparently, you did. Watched the whole thing waiting for that chick, huh?

That's a given, and not why I watched the video. It was just one of hundreds out there, just the one I happened to grab to post.

MiddleGround

Apparently, you did. Watched the whole thing waiting for that chick, huh?

That's a given, and not why I watched the video. It was just one of hundreds out there, just the one I happened to grab to post.

Nah. Learned quite a long time ago that it's nothing but click bait :lmao: For as much time as people like you and Gilligan spend online, I figured you would get that too.

Nice try though.. :yay:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Nah. Learned quite a long time ago that it's nothing but click bait :lmao: For as much time as people like you and Gilligan spend online, I figured you would get that too.

Nice try though.. :yay:

You need to work on your multitasking skills, especially if you intend to keep you Forum Hall Monitor job. ;-)

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I didn't watch the whole thing, but at :35 in I have to wonder why there is a mime smoking a cigarette on the side of the road? :yikes: :lol:

I didn't watch the whole thing, but at :35 in I have to wonder why there is a mime smoking a cigarette on the side of the road? :yikes: :lol:

The pedestrians are as entertaining as the wrecks. Most of them don't even flinch when an accident happens right in front of them. They just keep on keepin' on!

MiddleGround

You need to work on your multitasking skills, especially if you intend to keep you Forum Hall Monitor job. ;-)

Game on!
liquorshot.jpg

MiddleGround

Do you wear one of those flashy reflective belts?

Cruising for a date? Maybe you can take some pictures of your boats and cars and impress the older 'sexually confused' in DC :yay:

They can probably put someone like you, with all the time you have available during the day, to good use.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Cruising for a date? Maybe you can take some pictures of your boats and cars and impress the older 'sexually confused' in DC :yay:

They can probably put someone like you, with all the time you have available during the day, to good use.

Judging by the desperation evident in your incoherent reply, you want one of those safety belts but can't afford one yet. :patonhead: Maybe you can get one that matches your protective headgear.

MiddleGround

Yeah..it shows too.

It does. I mean.. C'mon. If I had as much time as you do to troll the interwebz and engage in senseless arguments with seniors WHILE 'WORKING' then I would have more material. Sadly, when I am working I actually have to do WORK :killingme

Obviously a novel idea to you but, good luck wasting your senior years researching articles, finding sources, and posting wind farm results.

Now run along (or hobble along) and look for that bait that transporter had out there for ya'

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It does. I mean.. C'mon. If I had as much time as you do to troll the interwebz and engage in senseless arguments with seniors WHILE 'WORKING' hen I would have more material. Sadly, when I am working I actually have to do WORK

It just KILLS ya, don't it? And I find that immensely satisfying...LOL.... I've got not the first lick of sympathy for you "I need to say something about how other people spend their time" Hall Monitor types. You suck. You always have, although before the days of the interwebs you only had your neighbors to pronounce judgement on. ;-)