Thread: Turning a Bedroom Into a Lux Bedroom

Turning a Bedroom Into a Lux Bedroom

Brought to you by Jimmy Hayden, O'Brien Realty!

For most of us, our bedroom is little more than a place to sleep and relax. However, just because it’s always been that way doesn’t mean that we have to settle for drab and dreary.

One trend that’s gaining steam these days is converting your current bedroom into a luxury suite (or something comparable). If you want to live like you’re renting a room at the Ritz, then you want to follow these tips.

• Compartmentalize Your Activities Making your bedroom more functional is going to make it more luxurious. Add a gorgeous desk for working and a TV area for entertainment, and you’ll be living it up in no time.
    • Make it Chic Choose a color palette that is both luxurious and classy. Silver and gold can seem tacky, so choose muted shades that compliment each other. Also, a brilliant and commanding headboard can instantly upgrade the look of your room without any other changes.
    • Light it Properly Finally, make sure that you have the right light to show off your designs. If it’s too washed out or yellow, then it will look drab and run down. Switch to brilliant LEDs and see the difference.
    • Choose Your Accents Wisely We already mentioned a headboard, but some elegant drapes can also make your room feel more royal. Being strategic with your furniture accessories is going to both keep you under budget and avoid doing too much with the space.

Are you ready to lux your bedroom? You’ll be impressed by the results, and the feeling of decadence will make you more confident in your surroundings.

These tips are brought to you by Jimmy Hayden, O'Brien Realty, specializing in Property Management. Visit Jimmy's website at http://jimmyhaydenrealtor.com.

Name:  JimmyHayden-card.png
Views: 225
Size:  47.1 KB

I use my bedroom to sleep. It's stark and meant to be.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Blog Entries
    I love a cozy attractive bedroom. It's a haven for me.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Why do realtors think everyone's home should be decorated to their standards and tastes? Same with home "designers"-they like to tell us what fad we should rush right out and spend our money on, so we can do it again in a year. I get it, it's a good thing to redecorate every once in a while, but every year? Even if I had that much money, that's entirely too much time to spend on keeping up with the Jones'.
    Je suis prest

Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    Why do realtors think everyone's home should be decorated to their standards and tastes? Same with home "designers"-they like to tell us what fad we should rush right out and spend our money on, so we can do it again in a year. I get it, it's a good thing to redecorate every once in a while, but every year?
    Even if I had that much money, that's entirely too much time to spend on keeping up with the Jones'.
    And why would the Jones be in my bedroom??

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    I love a cozy attractive bedroom. It's a haven for me.
    My sister had the bath tub put in the master bedroom and a shower in the bathroom. Apparently that's really a thing in Michigan.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

I changed the sheets.
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    I changed the sheets.
    What year?

Members who have read this thread: 46