FBI rebutts Trump claim

transporter

FBI rebuts Trump tweet about China hacking Hillary Clinton's email

WASHINGTON — Sixteen hours after President Trump tweeted about a right-wing media story alleging that China hacked Hillary Clinton’s private email server, an FBI official is refuting the report in a comment to NBC News.

"The FBI has not found any evidence the (Clinton) servers were compromised," the official said.

It’s the latest example of the widening breach between a president who traffics in unverified news accounts and the law enforcement agencies he frequently maligns.

The FBI official, speaking for the bureau, also pointed to a report issued in June by the Justice Department inspector general that examined the FBI’s investigation of Clinton’s use of a private email server.

In the report, the IG noted that while the FBI assessed that it was "possible" that hostile actors gained access to Clinton’s private email server, the bureau "acknowledged that the FBI investigation and its forensic analysis did not find evidence that Clinton’s email server systems were compromised."

According to the IG report, an FBI forensics agent assigned to the case told investigators that, although he did not believe there was "any way of determining...100%" whether Clinton’s servers had been compromised, he felt "fairly confident that there wasn’t an intrusion." When asked whether a sophisticated foreign adversary was likely to be able to cover its tracks, he stated, "They could. Yeah. But I, I felt as if we coordinated with the right units at headquarters...for those specific adversaries.... And the information that was returned back to me was that there was no indication of a compromise."

The FBI statement came after a right-wing media organization, the Daily Caller, published a story alleging that "a Chinese-owned company operating in the Washington, D.C., area hacked Hillary Clinton’s private server throughout her term as secretary of state and obtained nearly all her emails." The story cited two sources briefed on the matter.

Of course all this boils down to this simple point that is beyond the capacity of our President (and his followers) to understand:

"As chief executive, the President has access to every piece of classified information in the holdings of the US government," said Josh Campbell, a CNN analyst and former FBI Supervisory Special Agent. "In the amount of time it took him to draft a tweet spreading unsubstantiated rumor and innuendo, he could have picked up the phone and gotten the actual story from the agency heads who report to him."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/29/politics/donald-trump-china-hacking-clinton-emails/index.html

limblips

PREMO Member
"As chief executive, the President has access to every piece of classified information in the holdings of the US government," said Josh Campbell, a CNN analyst and former FBI Supervisory Special Agent. "In the amount of time it took him to draft a tweet spreading unsubstantiated rumor and innuendo, he could have picked up the phone and gotten the actual story from the agency heads who report to him."

And we all know how honest, trustworthy, and forthcoming the FBI agency heads seem to be.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's kind of amazing to me that anyone would believe a damn word anyone at the FBI says. Do you people not get ANY news?

And do you really think it's a good idea to have the FBI investigate itself and then just take its word for it?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
It's kind of amazing to me that anyone would believe a damn word anyone at the FBI says. Do you people not get ANY news?

And do you really think it's a good idea to have the FBI investigate itself and then just take its word for it?

Yeah, well there IS that... :roflmao:

BOP

"The FBI has not found any evidence the (Clinton) servers were compromised," the official said.

The FBI has demonstrated very clearly that they couldn't find their own collective asses with a flashlight, directions, and 20 minutes to draw a crowd.

This_person

With all due respect, Tranny, the argument here is over the word "hacked". It's like a "discussion" with MidnightSpanker - the SUBSTANCE of Trump's tweet was accurate, but the SPECIFICS were colloquial instead of technical in accuracy.

A source#reported that a firm operating in the D.C. area wrote code that was then embedded in the server and generated a “courtesy copy” for almost all [Clinton's] emails -- which was then forwarded to the Chinese company.
The code reportedly was discovered in 2015 by the Intelligence Community Inspector General (ICIG), which then warned FBI officials of the intrusion.

This isn't a conspiracy theory. This is the IG's finding, and they reported it to the FBI.

This is very much like saying, "I heard you got into a fender bender this morning", but your car has bumpers instead of fenders so you say, "nope, I didn't" even though you were in a very bad accident. Clinton was in a very bad accident - the kind that is known to have the potential to cause EXCEPTIONALLY GRAVE damage to national security if made public - and she made it "public" by not controlling it legally. But, Trump said she was in a fender bender, and she only has bumpers, so the FBI is saying, "nope, no fender bender here".

Wise up.

Sapidus

Replace FBI with Trump and you are finally on to something.

He lies all day everyday. Why would this be different?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Funny-Democrat-Meme-14.jpg

:yawn:

This_person

"We investigated ourselves and found no wrongdoing."

Note that Tranny, Sappy, Salmon, etc., will not respond to my post showing the IG report in 2015. They'll just call everyone else stupid because we're falling for something Trump said, when it was actually well before the end of the Obama administration that an IG working for Obama found it and reported to Obama's FBI.