So.....

...I wake up this morning and the A/C is still running, and it felt a bit muggy. So, you know, I'm thinking this isn't good. So I check the air outlets, not cool air. So I check the compressor, no hot air.

So now I'm worried. So I have an appointment to drop the truck off for service, so I turn the A/C off hoping it was just frozen up. So I get the truck serviced and head back home. I turn the A/C back on and give it a minute.... nothin'.

So I call the A/C guy, you know, expecting the worst. So he says he can be there in 45 minutes! Cool! Well, I'm not cool, the situation is. So he gets there, hooks up his equipment and gives me the bad news. It's dead, Jim. So I planned to replace the entire system anyway, you know, but was hoping to make it to the end of the season. So he hands me the estimate.

Oy Veh.

So, the good news is that he has everything in stock and can, like, you know, start tomorrow AM first thing. Very cool. Well, not yet I'm not. The situation, you know.

So much for those fall projects....

glhs837

Power with Control
A lot of times it's just a capacitor. Between the three units at two houses, I've replaced two in the last six months. Of course, you either have to amazon them or have a buddy becuase places wont sell them to you without a liscence.

A lot of times it's just a capacitor. Between the three units at two houses, I've replaced two in the last six months. Of course, you either have to amazon them or have a buddy becuase places wont sell them to you without a liscence.

Motor spins up but no compression. Threw a rod or piston.

Clem72

I still can't get over this. Do you pay for the "We drop everything when you call" plan?

My stuff always seems to break on sunday. But it's easiest to get a same day "emergency" service call on a Sunday because it costs extra money so most wait for a normal service call appointment.

I still can't get over this. Do you pay for the "We drop everything when you call" plan?

I was impressed as well. No contract, but he has done work for me before and remembered me. He had a truck in St. Leonard that was just finishing up a job, so It was just great timing.

Windsor Heating in Mechanicsville. Not cheap, but has always done me right.

glhs837

Power with Control
You just take a ride in the Slin....oh never mind. :) Still riding, but man, it's fricken toasty out there...

glhs837

Power with Control
Actually, you know what I can't get over? Not one comment on my homage to Greg's "Wow" thread....

Yeah.....no. I detest sweating inside my helmet. Gets way too funky after a while.

Yeah, the liner in mine unsnaps and goes in the wash. Damn good thing.

Houston, we have air. New compressor, new coils. A huge shoutout to Windsor Heating and Air for an incredible response time.

I was only out for a day, can't imagine a whole summer of this. I really feel for those who don't have.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Houston, we have air. New compressor, new coils. A huge shoutout to Windsor Heating and Air for an incredible response time.

I was only out for a day, can't imagine a whole summer of this. I really feel for those who don't have.

I went by a bit after noon and saw the truck there, but I didn't stop. :howdy: