Man runs from deputies, drowns in Florida pond

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
A man running from police officers in Florida ran into a retention pond and ended up drowning on Saturday, officials said.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office told FOX35 that deputies were speaking with the 49-year-old man around 3 a.m. when they found narcotics contraband on him and he ran from police.

During the chase, the man jumped into a retention pond in Pine Hills, located just outside Orlando.

Authorities said a dive team suited up and tried to rescue the man, but couldn't get to him in time.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/02/man-runs-from-deputies-drowns-in-florida-pond-police-say.html

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am positive his family will sue the police dept for chasing their goot boah and making him jump in the pond and drown.

Authorities said a dive team suited up and tried to rescue the man, but couldn't get to him in time.

?
Doesn't sound like they were in any rush to rescue him. I'm sure they had to request the dive team, notification, travel time, suit up time....

edinsomd

Comments are hilarious. "Why didn't the police jump in and save him?"

Umm, they aren't trained or equipped for water rescue, and didn't want to drown along with the suspect? I'm a former Navy helo rescue swimmer; these officers made the right call in waiting for those who are able to help. Don't have a lot of sympathy for the suspect, either. WTF was he thinking, I go into this retention pond and the LEO's will give it up? The world is marginally better without him.

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Dead guy certainly isn't an hispanic named Jesus. Because everyone knows he can walk on water.

officeguy

Comments are hilarious. "Why didn't the police jump in and save him?"

Umm, they aren't trained or equipped for water rescue, and didn't want to drown along with the suspect? I'm a former Navy helo rescue swimmer; these officers made the right call in waiting for those who are able to help. Don't have a lot of sympathy for the suspect, either. WTF was he thinking, I go into this retention pond and the LEO's will give it up? The world is marginally better without him.

Had this been a six year old who wandered into the pond witnessed, you bet the cops would have gone in to pull him out. But that's an individual decision to 'risk a lot to gain a lot'. I can fully understand if a cop decides not to risk his life for an adult who made poor decisions.

BOP

Reading the comments right now: "He be goin to collage dis year on a swim teem collarship."

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Like Baretta said, don't do the crime of you can't do the backstroke