Virginia town where Red Hen refused to serve Sarah Sanders is trying to recover its image

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
A small town in Virginia is attempting a reputation makeover after a restaurant in the area infamously refused to serve White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders in June.

The area's regional tourism board is pulling together emergency funds to boost its digital marketing campaign, the Roanoke Times reported Sunday. The money is normally saved, however, officials agreed the region is in desperate need of positive coverage after the Sanders controversy.

The tourism board serves Lexington, Va., where The Red Hen is located, and other communities that are about three hours from Washington, D.C.

Following the incident, the tourism board was flooded with thousands of calls and emails -- and the complaints are still coming. The office received a letter Thursday from a Georgia family that wrote to say it would never return because of what happened.

“For a town our size, it was a significant impact,” Patty Williams, the director of marketing, told the Roanoke Times.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...h-sanders-is-trying-to-recover-its-image.html

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
:yay:

Feel Free to Express YOUR Opinions, and Suffer When People USE FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION to Go Elsewhere

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Actions have consequences people. Sad that the RH took the rest of the town down with it.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Actions have consequences people. Sad that the RH took the rest of the town down with it.

I wonder where all of the leftists that were so enthralled with Huckabees ejection and supportive of the restaurant are now?

Apparently not spending their money at Red Hen and the township.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That is/was our second home...lots of relatives lived there and are buried there. My folks were still in Lexington until about 4 years ago, when Pop passed and Mom moved farther south to live with my sister. The town became infected with flaming liberals only over the last 2 decades as retirees with money, from places like the DC environs, found the laid-back quaint historical town to their liking and surrounding property costs REALLY to their liking.

Oh well.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The town became infected with flaming liberals only over the last 2 decades as retirees with money, from places like the DC environs, .....

Progressives Bring their Problems with them ... soon enough it will become another crime ridden cesspool of Progressive Programs

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I wonder where all of the leftists that were so enthralled with Huckabees ejection and supportive of the restaurant are now?

Apparently not spending their money at Red Hen and the township.

This is my question as well. I'm guessing the RH owner thought her customer base were all Trump haters who would applaud her rudeness to Sarah Sanders. Way to market research, chickie.

nutz

This is my question as well. I'm guessing the RH owner thought her customer base were all Trump haters who would applaud her rudeness to Sarah Sanders. Way to market research, chickie.

There's a tough one. When your biggest client base is the VMI (Virginia Military Institute) students, faculty and family...MAYBE pissing off that base is a really bad idea.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
There's a tough one. When your biggest client base is the VMI (Virginia Military Institute) students, faculty and family...MAYBE pissing off that base is a really bad idea.

Looks like Nike took a page out of the hen's playbook. That will be interesting to watch.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Looks like Nike took a page out of the hen's playbook. That will be interesting to watch.

Yes, it will be interesting. The basketball, football enthusiasts will continue to buy. But, I wonder about the runners, and everyday non commital buyers. I hope Nike gets sucked down the drain. Not very nicey, or partisan. Frig them. They just lost Hub’s biz. And, he goes through his his super shoes within a month. :lol:

Last edited: