Free pears!!!!

tuffenuff2

Our two pear trees have produced an abundance of Bartlett pears this year. I do not can or make jam so if anybody would like free pears please please come and help yourself. They are 100% pesticide free and chemical free. There is a wheelbarrow full at the moment and that's only 2\3 of one tree!!!!! PM me for contact info. We are in Chaptico.

RodRugg

Also that love pears: Cartler bats, stick lice, and field rats. You do NOT want these! Believe me! One time a nest of Cartler bats roosted in my grandmas pear cellar and nearly robbed her blind. They will eat anything: pears, wood, gravel, hose clamps, bread loafs, garbage, human skin, anything! I you don't give them pears all away, I would say DON"T put them in your pear cellar, vegetable loft, carport, or anywhere that Cartler bats can roost. Instead you can put them in big black trash bags and eat them as you get hungry or store them under your car if you are not planning to go anywhere for a while. Otherwise it is best just to destroy them or pray to God that the field rats get them first.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Also that love pears: Cartler bats, stick lice, and field rats. You do NOT want these! Believe me! One time a nest of Cartler bats roosted in my grandmas pear cellar and nearly robbed her blind. They will eat anything: pears, wood, gravel, hose clamps, bread loafs, garbage, human skin, anything! I you don't give them pears all away, I would say DON"T put them in your pear cellar, vegetable loft, carport, or anywhere that Cartler bats can roost. Instead you can put them in big black trash bags and eat them as you get hungry or store them under your car if you are not planning to go anywhere for a while. Otherwise it is best just to destroy them or pray to God that the field rats get them first.

If I pick up some pears, will Grandma make me this Lime Pear Gelatin Salad? It looks delish!

lime pear.jpg

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The bees and deer love it, along with an assortment of other animals.

I have a hybrid pear that yields lots of big round pears. The deer get the ones they can reach before I ever get to them. Leaves me a few in the topmost branches....the bastids..

tuffenuff2

Most of the picked pears have been taken. There may be more at the weekend when I can pick the other tree.

RodRugg

Praises to God the Father, God the Jesus, and God the Holy Ghost that you got rid of them! Yesterday my grandma opened two pears to make her famous Sliced Pears and both were full of stick lice and grommet worms. She says it's because of the warm weather and sins of the people that all these pests are destroying everything. You should probably go out and shake the life out of that tree and get every single pear out! My grandma says once the parasites of sin is roosted they are impossible to get rid of since parasites is not a sign but a punishment. The only thing to do is get rid of the bad ones and pray for forgiveness and grow new ones through repentance. Also, you can cut around the stick lice but hurry because once the core is destroyed them pears is unclean and rot from the inside out. Some people don't mind stick lice in preserves but they will be disqualified from the fair.