Trump Gets The Last Laugh vs the establishment

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
By all accounts, John McCain was a good and sincere man who loved his country, passionately believed what he believed, and meant well. He was doubtless a wonderful husband and father, an honorable man, and yes, despite Trump’s ill-advised characterization of him during the 2016 election, a bona fide war hero.

And yet, from endless wars to a lax immigration policy and even to his vote that single-handedly saved a healthcare law that will eventually collapse, he was also a man who espoused policies that has and will result in untold suffering for millions upon millions of people.

In that way, John McCain the man was entirely different from John McCain the politician and policy maker. And it is McCain the politician and policy maker that the “Washington Establishment” really adores, even while pretending to love McCain the man. Because the character traits that make someone a good man are qualities that can be only be tolerated by liberals when one otherwise lets liberals have their way.

And if John McCain the politician was good at anything at all, it was letting liberals have their way.

Meanwhile … “MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN,” Trump tweeted on Saturday in all caps, not long after the funeral / Trump hate-fest was over, letting his supporters know that the man the “Washington Beltway” loves to bash, for all his faults, is actually busy making the lives of millions of Americans better, right here and right now.

https://townhall.com/columnists/sco...dent-donald-trump-got-the-last-laugh-n2515520

transporter

Here ya go comrade...a reply...so your handlers will give you another dime.

Let's put the context correct here:

What you and the rest of the cultists claim as "Trump hate" were statements of American values, the American ideal, a loud claim to what has and should be our position as the global leader and standard bearer for democracy.

While the rest of the country and world mourned the loss of a man who championed those American ideals and values, the man you all constantly defend--PLAYED GOLF.

When the services were over, Trump (yet again) proved how childish he is and how unfit he is. Did he say farewell and honor the man's service? Did he spin the ideals portion into his own commitment to the USA? Did he just stay silent?

Nope.

He tweeted out his idiotic campaign slogan...and ,as children do, he used all caps.

Trump may have gotten the last laugh, except he was being laughed AT.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
By all accounts, John McCain was a good and sincere man who loved his country, passionately believed what he believed, and meant well. He was doubtless a wonderful husband and father, an honorable man, and yes, despite Trump’s ill-advised characterization of him during the 2016 election, a bona fide war hero.

I wish I knew this columnist so I could go over his Manchurian Candidate talking points with him.

John McCain was not a wonderful husband and father. Maybe to Cindy and her brood, but he was a horrible husband to his first wife and their kids hardly knew him. He cheated on her and was absent; and then he was captured and held prisoner; she hung in there and kept the home fires burning; she was in a terrible accident; and when good ol' John came back home and saw she wasn't the model he married, he dumped her for one of his girlfriends, the picture perfect heiress.

He was not an honorable man by any definition. In fact he was a swindler and cheat and was involved in a number of legal and ethical scandals during his career.

He wasn't a "war hero". He got captured and held prisoner in Vietnam. That doesn't make him a hero. Other than that single incident, his military career was unimpressive.

In fact, clearly the most laudable thing John McCain has done in his whole entire life was to die. He was never a great hero or patriot, nor did the media and other politicians sing his praises, until that moment.

SamSpade

While the rest of the country and world mourned the loss of a man who championed those American ideals and values, the man you all constantly defend--PLAYED GOLF.
When the services were over, Trump (yet again) proved how childish he is and how unfit he is. Did he say farewell and honor the man's service?

THIS - is why we like the man.

Democrats - whom DURING HIS LIVING YEARS ON EARTH - would have insulted and ridiculed him - suggested that he was mentally impaired from his days at the Hanoi Hilton -
made fun of him during the campaign in 2008 - suddenly had an about face at his funeral. They gave him an honor they didn't even give to their own "Lion of the Senate" Ted Kennedy
or for Robert Byrd - lying in state in the U.S. Capitol - and faulting Trump for not following suit.

You know why I DO like the man? He didn't change his tune when he died. He didn't turn into the hypocrites that ALL OF WASHINGTON becomes when a death occurs.
He did not praise him at his death in a manner he would never do while he was alive - something the Dems at his funeral all DID. I *hate* this. If you came to praise my
DAD at his memorial service two years ago - and you wanted to praise him while opposing him in life - I would have personally beat your ass down the block. Such behavior
isn't intended to praise the dead, but to stroke the egos of the living.

SAME thing here. I find it just as distasteful that during the services of a man who died - they made it all about a man who is alive - because they think it matters.

When *I* die - I swear I will hire goons to visibly thump morons who try to stroke their own egos. My family will deserve better than that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Yes, I know, pootie :poorbaby: You wanted Daddy to stand forlornly at the gate begging to be let in and join the party. You wanted him to feel left out and rejected, and cry in his pillow that he can't sit at the kewl kids table.

:bawl:

:rolleyes:

Well too bad, loser. Your handlers are directing you to worship John McCain, so that's what you do. Others aren't so easily led, and that would include our President, thank god.

CPUSA

Here ya go comrade...a reply...so your handlers will give you another dime.

Let's put the context correct here:

What you and the rest of the cultists claim as "Trump hate" were statements of American values, the American ideal, a loud claim to what has and should be our position as the global leader and standard bearer for democracy.

When the services were over, Trump (yet again) proved how childish he is and how unfit he is. Did he say farewell and honor the man's service? Did he spin the ideals portion into his own commitment to the USA? Did he just stay silent?

Nope.

He tweeted out his idiotic campaign slogan...and ,as children do, he used all caps.

Trump may have gotten the last laugh, except he was being laughed AT.

Your relevance in this world, much like McStain's, can be summed up in 3 words...
Pathetic & Irrelevant... Ok...2 words & a symbol

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Your relevance in this world, much like McStain's, can be summed up in 3 words...
Pathetic & Irrelevant... Ok...2 words & a symbol

Actually his relevance can be summed up by... Shopping-35-128.png