Dinner Thread!

I love it when experiments work out well! :lol:

When cleaning out my parents place, I found one of those little 60's era mini-deep-fryers. A Fry All. Not big, but big enough for one person. I wanted to experiment with hush puppies, I really like good hush puppies. I saw a pre-made mix, Sylvia's, in the store, figured it was a good place to start.

It wasn't. It was no better than deep fried flour with a bit of seasoning. I had some medium shrimp I was going to make with the hush puppies. The mix was too thick to use for the shrimp, so I thinned it out to a good dip coat consistency. Dipped the shrimp and deep fried a bunch.

It was perfect for shrimp. These were (past tense...) the best fried shrimp ever. Perfect cross of crispy coating and tender shrimp. I ate WAY more than I should have. Arteries and pores are clogging as we speak.

Going to pass out on the couch now.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That sounds good. Today is a fasting day so I had cup o' noodle.

My Gran made the best hush puppies. She'd take whomp biscuits and cut them in quarters, then roll them into balls, roll them in seasoned corn meal, and deep fry them. I wish I had some of those right now.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
We drove back from FL today, so it was Nick's subs for dinner. :yay:

What are cloud eggs?

Separate the egg yolks and whites. Whip the whites into stiff peaks, fold in a bit of salt, mound on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Make a depression in the center of the mound. If you like hard yolks, put the yolk in the depression now. If you like soft yolks, bake the whites alone for 3 minutes @350*, then add the yolks and bake another 5 minutes, until the whites are starting to brown.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Separate the egg yolks and whites. Whip the whites into stiff peaks, fold in a bit of salt, mound on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Make a depression in the center of the mound. If you like hard yolks, put the yolk in the depression now. If you like soft yolks, bake the whites alone for 3 minutes @350*, then add the yolks and bake another 5 minutes, until the whites are starting to brown.

So it's like a meringue without the sugar?

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Had to go to the grocery last night, so grabbed a box of mixed hot wings at Shoppers. First bite, bit down HARD on the bone. Ouch. Loose tooth. Still can't eat anything this morning.

:banghead:

And they really smelled good, too...

Had to go to the grocery last night, so grabbed a box of mixed hot wings at Shoppers. First bite, bit down HARD on the bone. Ouch. Loose tooth. Still can't eat anything this morning.

:banghead:

And they really smelled good, too...

That's what they make blenders and straws for.....

:huggy:

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Well, then it's a good thing I've got a stash of straws. Another thing that will have to be pried out of my cold, dead hands.

:buddies:<----- blended hot wings :killingme

Well, then it's a good thing I've got a stash of straws. Another thing that will have to be pried out of my cold, dead hands.

:buddies:<----- blended hot wings :killingme

Feeling any better?

I made breaded chicken cutlets Parmesan style with a side of linguini, big glass of Chianti. A little bit better than that genuine imitation I-talian place.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Feeling any better?

I made breaded chicken cutlets Parmesan style with a side of linguini, big glass of Chianti. A little bit better than that genuine imitation I-talian place.

Hey now! FES had never had tiramisu. She liked it!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Went to a very wet picnic this afternoon. :lol: Thankfully it was under a pavilion but that wind was wicked at times. Still stuffed as there was tons of food so no dinner needed tonight.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Went to a very wet picnic this afternoon. :lol: Thankfully it was under a pavilion but that wind was wicked at times. Still stuffed as there was tons of food so no dinner needed tonight.

I could see how bad the wind had been when I dropped the girlies at home after the movie and linner. Town Creek was a mess.