College nixes 9/11 memorial

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Time to eliminate these places once and for all.

They're nothing more than tard factories.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

stupidfactory.jpg

Chris0nllyn

Note that contrary to the title, the 9/11 "memorial" is nothing more than a poster pointing out different acts of Muslim terrorism.

Chris0nllyn

Ever been to the Holocaust Museum?

Photographs have meaning.

I've been to an actual concentration camp (Dachau). Pictures, writings on the wall, walking through the gas chambers, etc. all have meaning. However, this is not a 9/11 memorial and that's all my post was intended to point out. You can choose to turn it into whatever you want.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I've been to an actual concentration camp (Dachau). Pictures, writings on the wall, walking through the gas chambers, etc. all have meaning. However, this is not a 9/11 memorial and that's all my post was intended to point out. You can choose to turn it into whatever you want.

Is a photo nailed to a tree where someone died in a wreck a memorial?

They turn it into one when they do so... I don't see a problem with them doing it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

They turn it into one when they do so... I don't see a problem with them doing it.

I find it equally touching to post a rolling memorial, like on the back of a big dually that's rollin' coal.

Chris0nllyn

Yes.

What's the problem?

You are equating two dissimilar things. Had there been a single photo, your hypothetical would stand. However, using your example, it's like nailing a photo to a tree relating to that accident, and 10 other, non-related, accidents and calling it a memorial for one specific event.

This 9/11 "memorial poster" does include a photo from 9/11....and 7 other incidents from '79-'16. Call it an "anti-muslim terrorism" poster or whatever, but don't act like it's solely a 9/11 memorial poster when only 1/8 of it is about 9/11.

The poster is designed like a tic-tac-toe board with eight of the nine squares containing images of terrorist incidents perpetrated by Islamic extremists over the years and the center block stating “Never Forget” in black and white. The images include scenes from 9/11, Benghazi, the Pulse nightclub shooting, ISIS beheading, the USS Cole bombing and the Iran hostage crisis.
https://www.thecollegefix.com/colle...-incident-for-highlighting-islamic-terrorism/

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
This 9/11 "memorial poster" does include a photo from 9/11....and 7 other incidents from '79-'16. Call it an "anti-muslim terrorism" poster or whatever, but don't act like it's solely a 9/11 memorial poster when only 1/8 of it is about 9/11.

I really don't care what they call it.

If there is nothing inaccurate, fabricated or otherwise it seems fine.

If muslims are uncomfortable about it, thats on them. I'm not, in the least, concerned about the Germans comfort from WWI either btw.

transporter

Are you purposefully obtuse or do you just type things out without actually thinking first?

Kyle's not very bright...

He doesn't understand that calling the poster a "9/11 Memorial" when only 1 of 8 pictures is about 9/11 IS inaccurate, fabricated and misleading.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Kyle's not very bright...

He doesn't understand that calling the poster a "9/11 Memorial" when only 1 of 8 pictures is about 9/11 IS inaccurate, fabricated and misleading.

Actually it's the two of you that seem to have a challenge understanding.

What part of "I really don't care what they call it" is too much for that synapse you share?

Chris0nllyn

What part of "I really don't care what they call it" is too much for that synapse you share?

And yet you care enough to blather on about it and reply to my comment about a completely unrelated topic.

It's quite clear who has the problem understanding.

Sapidus

You idiots calling these kids stupid yet you can't be bothered to read the whole article.

That is rich

Melissa Anderson, a Ripon College spokeswoman, said the university offered up its student marketing resources to create a new poster.

"There was no ban," Anderson said of the 9/11 memorial, adding that the school has received several threats after it was reported the private school was blocking the posters. "The meeting did not result in any action."