Brie Larson takes flight as Captain Marvel

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
There’s a bright new star in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Captain Marvel leads the cover of Entertainment Weekly’s new issue, with an exclusive first look at Brie Larson’s Air-Force-pilot-turned-intergalactic-hero.

Film fans know Carol Danvers only as the mysterious person paged by Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) in the last scene of Avengers: Infinity War, and she’ll appear in the still-untitled Avengers 4, presumably to help beat up on Thanos. But before that, she’s got her own story to tell — and EW has all the exclusive intel on her upcoming solo film.

When Captain Marvel hits theaters March 8, 2019, it’ll be the 21st entry in the MCU — and the first to star a solo female superhero. In the past decade, the MCU has assembled a diverse lineup of female heroes, from witches and warriors to widows and wasps. But never before has a woman headlined her own story — until Captain Marvel, the part-Kree, part-human pilot who made her comics debut back in 1968.

https://ew.com/movies/2018/09/05/captain-marvel-ew-cover-brie-larson/

Hijinx

There’s a bright new star in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Captain Marvel leads the cover of Entertainment Weekly’s new issue, with an exclusive first look at Brie Larson’s Air-Force-pilot-turned-intergalactic-hero.

Film fans know Carol Danvers only as the mysterious person paged by Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) in the last scene of Avengers: Infinity War, and she’ll appear in the still-untitled Avengers 4, presumably to help beat up on Thanos. But before that, she’s got her own story to tell — and EW has all the exclusive intel on her upcoming solo film.

When Captain Marvel hits theaters March 8, 2019, it’ll be the 21st entry in the MCU — and the first to star a solo female superhero. In the past decade, the MCU has assembled a diverse lineup of female heroes, from witches and warriors to widows and wasps. But never before has a woman headlined her own story — until Captain Marvel, the part-Kree, part-human pilot who made her comics debut back in 1968.

https://ew.com/movies/2018/09/05/captain-marvel-ew-cover-brie-larson/

Sounds like another one I can afford to miss.

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I'm wondering what Hollywood is going to do when they run out of comic book characters.

So far they've traveled from Literature, novels and short stories, history and current events, comics and video games....

Hijinx

I'm wondering what Hollywood is going to do when they run out of comic book characters.

So far they've traveled from Literature, novels and short stories, history and current events, comics and video games....

I have seen some bad sequels and man failures at remaking an older move that was great, but I cannot forgive Hollywood for the sequel to GWTW.
Without doubt the worst. You couldn't even compare it to the original, it was like a different story---a bad one.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I have seen some bad sequels and man failures at remaking an older move that was great, but I cannot forgive Hollywood for the sequel to GWTW.
Without doubt the worst. You couldn't even compare it to the original, it was like a different story---a bad one.

I bypassed that, Ben Hur, Planet of the Apes....

This_person

They might have to **gasp** become original in their thoughts!!

SamSpade

They'll never run out of the first four in that list - and they tend to make the best movies.
It's the completely original made for movie screenplays that are often horrible.

A really good novel or historical event can make for wonderful storytelling, because the content tends to more than an inch deep.
The challenge is often, how do we visually convey a 1000 page story into 2 hours of stimulating content?

stgislander

PREMO Member
A really good novel or historical event can make for wonderful storytelling, because the content tends to more than an inch deep.
The challenge is often, how do we visually convey a 1000 page story into 2 hours of stimulating content?

I just finished watching all eight Hornblower movies on YouTube that A&E made for television. They did a fabulous job transferring C.S. Forrester's naval hero to the small screen.

I wish A&E would have continued making these movies. There's plenty more books in the series they could do.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I just finished watching all eight Hornblower movies on YouTube that A&E made for television. They did a fabulous job transferring C.S. Forrester's naval hero to the small screen.

I wish A&E would have continued making these movies. There's plenty more books in the series they could do.

I bought the DVD set on the recommendation by a friend. You're right it was really good.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Same thing as they always do, remakes.

warneckutz

Jesus...

... to be so ####ing miserable...

Anyway, I think it'll do well in the MCU... out of the 20 (I think) movies, only 4 have been flops or missed opportunities - Iron Man 2/3, Thor 2 and Hulk.

I used to always think "It's going to be tough to make the movie work, make sense and keep people entertained" but after they made Ant-Man and Doctor Strange into amazing hits it's just going to be a shocker when they drop the ball.

stgislander

PREMO Member
out of the 20 (I think) movies, only 4 have been flops or missed opportunities - Iron Man 2/3, Thor 2 and Hulk.

I have not seen The Hulk, but yeah those were not so good

But I will still watch every MCU and DC movie (including both Hulks) whenever they are on television. Hell, I think I'm one of the few people that enjoyed Ryan Reynolds as the Green Lantern.