Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Searching for older race boat hull(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    This is the one, from Popular Mechanics:

https://www.popularmechanics.com/adv.../a189/1277141/
    Yep!..Glen-L.

I don't think I have any pics (had one or two that went with the house) of my first true "race boat"..a 1971 13' GW-Invader with a "white" Merc 700 6-cylinder OB on the transom. Blue metalflake...everything was metalflake back then. 'course back then I had hair too...and a mullet...
    Last edited by Gilligan; 09-06-2018 at 09:30 AM.
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

I've only watched boat racing on television a few times but isn't 15' a little short?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    I need to get the "body and paint shop" addition to the shop done. The additional 20' x 50' with two bays

well there is YOUR next Project ...
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I've only watched boat racing on television a few times but isn't 15' a little short?
    Not at all...13' is about as short as they go. Check out

http://www.southernmarylandboatclub.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post

well there is YOUR next Project ...
    Not me...Couple different contractors doing it. I'll just do the wiring when the time comes.

I have a Carlson CV16 Glastron..but it's an I/O and that's not one of the active vintage classes around here. I have two 140HP OMC outboards, Boysen carbon reed intake blocks..modified carbs..jack plates,,Land&Sea solid mount kits, low-water pickup kits etc etc all left over from my uteful go-fast days. I'm a pack rat..

Refresh my memory...what was it you pointed me to last year? I recently turned down a free Checkmate hull because it's 17 or 18' and I don't have the right engine(s) for that size and class.
    It was a sweet 16 with a Holman in it, down in Florida on Craigslist for sale.. You said you had enough projects... #sadface
    No one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    It was a sweet 16 with a Holman in it, down in Florida on Craigslist for sale.. You said you had enough projects... #sadface
    ...and I already have a 1973 Sweet 16 with a Holman -Moody in it..so there is that. ;-)

...and I already have a 1973 Sweet 16 with a Holman -Moody in it..so there is that. ;-)
    Yes, I know. That's why I sent you the linky....
    . But it was certainly not a correct craft with a side oiler in it..
    No one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Yes, I know. That's why I sent you the linky....
    . But it was certainly not a correct craft with a side oiler in it..
    My Champ originally had a side-oiler in it. New engine is a 428 but with all the Holman-Moody externals put back on..everything except the exhaust logs and risers. I recently scored a nearly perfect set of H-M original aluminum logs and risers for the 302 H-M in the Donzi, but have had a heck of a time finding a good set for the 428. Got some old Nicsons on it for now.

Members who have read this thread: 27