Niko's Restaurant Closed

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
For now and maybe for good. :bawl: From their FB account:

Hi! Everyone has been very curious about the status of Nikos Pizza...

The owner, my dear mother, is ok, but is dealing with some health issues. Thus, she has decided to retire. She loves her customers! ❤️When we go out and see a customer, she immediately identifies them by their order. For example: gyros - no onions, extra feta Sorry for not updating signs and answer machine. But we do see Facebook posts and messages. It’s been GREAT serving you for over 40 years. If anything changes, and we decide to reopen, we will let you know. ❤️

I will miss them and wish the owner better health. :cheers:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Back in the 80s, they were one of the best of so few choices we had then for lunch....I was addicted to their gyros.

ontheriver

So sorry to lose my favorite dish (souvlaki plate with extra sauce and olives) of all time.... So many memories of this place. I was there when they first opened and was never disappointed with my meal. Thanks for the great service and the love. My best wishes for a long happy retirement. :huggy:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
So sorry to lose my favorite dish (souvlaki plate with extra sauce and olives) of all time.... So many memories of this place. I was there when they first opened and was never disappointed with my meal. Thanks for the great service and the love. My best wishes for a long happy retirement. :huggy:

Yes, I had been going there since they opened so many years ago. Always consistently good and the souvlaki was also my favorite. That and a side of a big slice of spanakopita. :yum:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yes, I had been going there since they opened so many years ago. Always consistently good and the souvlaki was also my favorite. That and a side of a big slice of spanakopita. :yum:

I'm fortunate to have that home made. I'll share next time we have some. :smile:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I'm fortunate to have that home made. I'll share next time we have some. :smile:

Thanks! I need to learn how to make it as I would love to make a big pan of it, then freeze the leftovers. I also need some more of that feta you gave me. :drool:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thanks! I need to learn how to make it as I would love to make a big pan of it, then freeze the leftovers. I also need some more of that feta you gave me. :drool:

He can teach you when he gets back. I could probably try, but I'm sure I'd mess it up somehow. You need to learn from The Master! As for the Feta, let's take a road trip to Baltimore to get some!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
He can teach you when he gets back. I could probably try, but I'm sure I'd mess it up somehow. You need to learn from The Master! As for the Feta, let's take a road trip to Baltimore to get some!

Sounds like a plan on both counts! :yay: