Father Sullivan, the results are in, You are the Father

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Just being honest and telling this guy the truth would have saved him a lot of pain.

Jim Graham,73, from South Carolina finally received confirmation this week that Catholic priest Father Thomas Sullivan from New Bedford Massachusetts is his biological father.
Graham’s journey into his paternity kicked off 25 years ago when the people who he believed to be his aunt and uncle shared an obituary with him. At the time, Graham was 48 years old. The man pictured in the obituary looked just like him.

thomas_sullivan_jim_graham.jpg

Graham believes the Catholic Church worked to cover up Father Sullivan’s paternity, and he discovered correspondence that backed up his belief. The paternity would have been scandalous for the 1940s Catholic Church: not only did Father Sullivan have an affair with Graham’s mother, but she was also married at the time.

Doyle said that the Catholic Church in the U.S. is avoiding the responsibilities of priests who have fathered children. This year, Graham, now 73 years old, was finally granted permission to exhume Father Thomas Sullivan from his grave in Massachusetts, on the condition that Graham would cover the costs. Father Thomas Sullivan was exhumed in June, the day before father’s day. It is thought to be the first time a priest has been exhumed in order to trace DNA.

On Tuesday, Dr. Ann Marie Mires, a forensic anthropologist, delivered the long-awaited news to Graham.
“You’ve driven all the way from South Carolina to find out whether Father Thomas Sullivan is your father. I’m here to tell you that he is.”

the truth comes out finally

CPUSA

Too much about the hypocritical priest.
Not enough about his lying, cheating whore of a mother...

seekeroftruth

Too much about the hypocritical priest.
Not enough about his lying, cheating whore of a mother...

It happens in all kinds of churches. I knew about an affair going on in a Baptist church I was attending. When the preacher was confronted... he lied and the woman was thrown out of the church.... unceremoniously I might add.... she had been a big part of the volunteer force.... He used her and threw her away and kept his job. I left the church... she had a nervous breakdown.... it happens in all kinds of churches.

:coffee:

black dog

Free America
It happens in all kinds of churches. I knew about an affair going on in a Baptist church I was attending. When the preacher was confronted... he lied and the woman was thrown out of the church.... unceremoniously I might add.... she had been a big part of the volunteer force.... He used her and threw her away and kept his job. I left the church... she had a nervous breakdown.... it happens in all kinds of churches.

:coffee:

Yes it certainly does, my ex's older sister is married to a man that was a Church of God minister for 20+ years, it took a few different women along with a few transfers with the Church but they finally defrocked? him. He was a huge womanizer and his wife still stands by his side.
He now sells furniture for Levits in Illinois.