Yea Buzzfeed!!!!!!

glhs837

Power with Control
Vrai, I know you despise them, but even a blind squirrel and all that Jazz.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...lege-students-dont-let-trolls-own-free-speech

Funny how the main argument mirrors a topic here today where we talked about the idea that doing unto others can whiplash back on you. Only one real out there comment, which I was happy to see both respondents shut them down. I'm copying it here just because it's pretty funny.

Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance.

If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them.

We should therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate the intolerant.

We should claim that any movement preaching intolerance places itself outside the law, and we should consider incitement to intolerance and persecution as criminal, in the same way as we should consider incitement to murder, or to kidnapping, or to the revival of the slave trade, as criminal.”

College students understand this. You sir, do not.

There is no reason to listen to anyone blather about their intolerance of others because to do so elivates their opinion as something worthwhile of being considered.

If the Right wants people to listen to them then they need to come up with solutions to our problems that aren't based on restraining the rights of others.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bzzt.

He starts off with a lie:

With the president calling his critics the "enemy of the people," free speech is a principle worth rallying behind.

The President isn't calling his critics the "enemy of the people"; he is rightfully calling the lying biased fake news "press" the enemy of the people. And they are. When our information disseminators lie and withhold in order to manipulate politics and social issues, they are our enemies.

He may be brilliant after that, but I don't read things that start with a false statement.

glhs837

Power with Control
Bzzt.

With the president calling his critics the "enemy of the people," free speech is a principle worth rallying behind.

The President isn't calling his critics the "enemy of the people"; he is rightfully calling the lying biased fake news "press" the enemy of the people. And they are. When our information disseminators lie and withhold in order to manipulate politics and social issues, they are our enemies.

He may be brilliant after that, but I don't read things that start with a false statement.

Are the lying fake news people not his critics?

glhs837

Power with Control
They are among his critics.

So that statement is not a lie, and your objection to reading it evaporates. Give it a shot, the whole point after all, is not just allow for the existence to other POVs, but to expose yourself to them. Ignore what idiocy you find, search for nuggets of common ground, like the fact that intellectual honesty requires to first listen before you condemn.

transporter

Bzzt.

I honestly wonder if you ever read anything especially the horsesh!t that is posted on here every day by GURPS and Gilligan and the rest of the somd intelligencia. You think dailywire, Fox, red state, townhall, ace of spades, Breitbart and Zerohedge are bastions of journalistic integrity??? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Why is it that ONLY news that is critical of Trump is fake??? 99% of the stuff GURPS posts is complete propaganda. Never see you railing against that.

The bulk of the comments coming out of Trump's mouth are bald faced, provable lies. Yet, you believe every one of them and defend every one of them.

Trump has lied to you about everything...he isn't some great negotiator ...he isn't some wonderful manager...he isn't some monument of business...he hasn't surrounded himself with the best people...he isn't making America great...he isn't draining the swamp...he isn't building a wall...

Since you can't figure this out, the fake is Trump!!!

Any reasonable, rationale person can watch and listen to Trump and realize what a BS artist he is. You are too blinded by your vote to see or understand. You are so delusional you really should seek some sort of help. In this were the early 70s, you would be demonizing the Post for its reporting on Nixon.

You would be hard pressed to prove you read anything.

This_person

You are amazing...you contradict yourself in subsequent posts...

You are missing the obvious: he is not calling his critics "enemies of the state"; he is calling those that actively lie, mislead, fabricate, and ignore all other points of a story other than those points which fit a narrative "enemies of the state".

I agree with Vrai for that reason.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You are missing the obvious: he is not calling his critics "enemies of the state"; he is calling those that actively lie, mislead, fabricate, and ignore all other points of a story other than those points which fit a narrative "enemies of the state".

:yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So that statement is not a lie, and your objection to reading it evaporates. Give it a shot, the whole point after all, is not just allow for the existence to other POVs, but to expose yourself to them. Ignore what idiocy you find, search for nuggets of common ground, like the fact that intellectual honesty requires to first listen before you condemn.

The statement is a lie, see above. I have a hard time trying to find common ground with intellectual dishonesty. If they can't even get one sentence in without lying, I see no reason to read the rest of it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I honestly wonder if you ever read anything especially the horsesh!t that is posted on here every day by GURPS and Gilligan and the rest of the somd intelligencia. You think dailywire, Fox, red state, townhall, ace of spades, Breitbart and Zerohedge are bastions of journalistic integrity??? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Why is it that ONLY news that is critical of Trump is fake??? 99% of the stuff GURPS posts is complete propaganda.

Fantasy, Supposition, Innuendo and Unfounded OPINION

:tantrum

Every post you make is against anyone or any group that doesn't conform to your propagandist viewpoints.

You Were Saying .... You Miserable Git

:blahblah:

Any reasonable, rationale person can watch and listen to Trump and realize what a BS artist he is.

Yeah SO What ? people voting for Trump KNEW he was a blow hard and a braggart ... SO Flucking What

he gets #### done ..... rolling back Gov Regs, the Economy is humming alone nicely, 2 Supreme Court Justices and a host of other Judges

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control

The statement is a lie, see above. I have a hard time trying to find common ground with intellectual dishonesty. If they can't even get one sentence in without lying, I see no reason to read the rest of it.

Those people are stil critics. Lying ones, but still critics, the point stands.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Trump has lied to you about everything...he isn't some great negotiator ...he isn't some wonderful manager...he isn't some monument of business...he hasn't surrounded himself with the best people...he isn't making America great...he isn't draining the swamp...he isn't building a wall...

I guess you missed the parts about the economy, increased GDP, reduction in the unemployment rate, especially for minorities, bonuses for workers, illegal border crossings down, stock market up, consumer confidence increasing, conservative supreme court nominees, NATO nations paying more for THEIR defense, taking a stand on people that don't support the flag or support the country, revitalizing the military........... Well you get the point, at least I hope you do.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Those people are stil critics. Lying ones, but still critics, the point stands.

Right, but there's a difference between saying that Trump is calling all his critics "enemies of the people" and saying that the ones he's calling enemies of the people are his critics.

Basic Venn diagram stuff.