Dehumidifier

Anyone here recommend me a good dehumidifier? Orkin has recommended me for crawlspace dehumidifier but i think they are highly priced. The price around $1500 to install one in her 1100 sq ft crawlspace . So i'm confused what will be better options.
Thanks in any advice

Last edited:
The one used most often is from Aprilaire. Yes, pricey. But the common dehumidifier you'd get for a house (70/100 pint per day)just won't cut it. They are notorious for failing in a few years, most of the time, less (I've gone thru 3 in the past 6 years, next one will be a commercial unit). Anything you'd get for a basement would have to have a self-drain. You do not want to empty a unit day in and day out. If you have to go uphill to drain, then it has to have a pump to pump the water up and out. Common house dehumidifiers with internal pumps fail most often.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The one used most often is from Aprilaire. Yes, pricey. But the common dehumidifier you'd get for a house (70/100 pint per day)just won't cut it. They are notorious for failing in a few years, most of the time, less (I've gone thru 3 in the past 6 years, next one will be a commercial unit). Anything you'd get for a basement would have to have a self-drain. You do not want to empty a unit day in and day out. If you have to go uphill to drain, then it has to have a pump to pump the water up and out. Common house dehumidifiers with internal pumps fail most often.

Installed a large (for the size of the space) self-drain unit in the missus' tack barn and it's done the job. Finally. Earlier attempts with smaller units that were supposed to be adequate for the square footage were a total bust.