Thread: Dehumidifier

Dehumidifier

Anyone here recommend me a good dehumidifier? Orkin has recommended me for crawlspace dehumidifier but i think they are highly priced. The price around $1500 to install one in her 1100 sq ft crawlspace . So i'm confused what will be better options.
    Thanks in any advice
    Last edited by Alfredapowell; 09-11-2018 at 07:24 PM.

Are you located in San Jose or SOMD?
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

The one used most often is from Aprilaire. Yes, pricey. But the common dehumidifier you'd get for a house (70/100 pint per day)just won't cut it. They are notorious for failing in a few years, most of the time, less (I've gone thru 3 in the past 6 years, next one will be a commercial unit). Anything you'd get for a basement would have to have a self-drain. You do not want to empty a unit day in and day out. If you have to go uphill to drain, then it has to have a pump to pump the water up and out. Common house dehumidifiers with internal pumps fail most often.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    The one used most often is from Aprilaire. Yes, pricey. But the common dehumidifier you'd get for a house (70/100 pint per day)just won't cut it. They are notorious for failing in a few years, most of the time, less (I've gone thru 3 in the past 6 years, next one will be a commercial unit). Anything you'd get for a basement would have to have a self-drain. You do not want to empty a unit day in and day out. If you have to go uphill to drain, then it has to have a pump to pump the water up and out. Common house dehumidifiers with internal pumps fail most often.
    Installed a large (for the size of the space) self-drain unit in the missus' tack barn and it's done the job. Finally. Earlier attempts with smaller units that were supposed to be adequate for the square footage were a total bust.
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

I sell them IM me and tell me what you have....

Members who have read this thread: 41