To Stay or Go...

calvcopf

How bad will this get.... Will we need a boat to get from the base to Hollywood, MD? Lots of rain already, ground is saturated; guessing there will be many trees down blocking roads and falling on homes.

Who is staying and who is planning to evacuate ahead of the hurricane?

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
At this point, it looks like we'll get some rain and a couple of windy days....nothing too bad at all.

awpitt

Main Streeter
How bad this will get.... Will we need a boat to get from the base to Hollywood, MD? Lots of rain already, ground is saturated; guessing there will be many trees down blocking roads and falling on homes.

Who is staying and who is planning to evacuate ahead of the hurricane?

Well, since all indications (so far) are that the hurricane isn't headed to SoMD, I'll most likely just stay put for all of the rain. If something suddenly changes, I'll re-evaluate.

Attachments

• Flo-01.jpg
    Flo-01.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 618
I'll be staying. The rain and flooding is going to be the worst part of this storm for us. Indications are that when the storm makes landfall, it's going to slow to a crawl, dumping extraordinary amounts of rain as it sits and goes nowhere. We're on the right side (as opposed to left) of the storm, so if it turns a little north, we'll get all of the water picked up from the ocean dumped on us.

My brother near Wilmington, NC is going to get clobbered. Hasn't said if he's leaving or not.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Good call. Me, I'm 60 feet up with great drainage and lots of sturdy old trees to protect me from the wind.

What we jokingly refer to here on the island as the "Scenic Overlook" is a) on the opposite side of the island from me and b) still only 8' above mean tide. ;-)

The highest elevation on my 8 acres is a whopping 5' 6"

glhs837

Power with Control
What we jokingly refer to here on the island as the "Scenic Overlook" is a) on the opposite side of the island from me and b) still only 8' above mean tide. ;-)

The highest elevation on my 8 acres is a whopping 5' 6"

glub.....