Obama, the Great Divider when in office, lacks the credibility to lecture America

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“ It did not start with Donald Trump,” former President Barack Obama said last week in his melodramatic speech on the current divisions in American politics. “He is a symptom, not the cause.”

If Obama had stopped there, he might have been right. He was trying to describe American politics as suffering a crisis of “division and resentment and paranoia.” Indeed, it is, and indeed it didn’t start with Trump.

[clip]

Obama’s snubbing of GOP lawmakers began with his stimulus package, on which he brushed off their suggestions with a simple rejoinder about the election: “ I won.” Obama then rejected the advice of his chief of staff to chart a more moderate and sustainable course on healthcare reform (a simple Medicaid expansion) that might have drawn Republican votes across the aisle — and which probably would have averted the Democratic defenestration that followed.

In 2011, having lost control of Congress, Obama began a campaign of governing unilaterally wherever possible — and often where not possible — with executive actions, many of them illegal. As he did this, the power-hungry president demonized Congress for failing to enact the very policies that voters had elected them to oppose, arguing that “ we can’t wait” ... apparently for democracy and the constitutional order required for new laws to be passed.

Where Trump merely talks a big game against the media, Obama took action. He barred administration officials at one point from even appearing on Fox News because it failed to meet ideological standards. He spoke publicly to delegitimize it as a news gatherer. Probably not coincidentally, his Justice Department later labeled one of its reporters an "unindicted co-conspirator" in an indictment for merely doing his job.

Obama, the Great Divider when in office, lacks the credibility to lecture America

Last edited:

transporter

Now...here comes the fun part...here is the link (provided in the article) to the "I won" quote...this is how to look stupid by not reading the source material:

Obama to GOP: 'I won'

The exchange arose as top House and Senate Republicans expressed concern to the president about the amount of spending in the package. They also raised red flags about a refundable tax credit that returns money to those who don’t pay income taxes, the sources said.

The Republicans stressed that they want to include more middle class tax cuts in the package, citing their proposal to cut the two lowest tax rates — 15 percent and 10 percent — to ten percent and five percent, rather than issue the refundable credit Obama wants.

I am not going to go back and look up what actual tax cuts were included...but the reality of the time (known then and better known now) is that the poorest folks were getting hurt the most...they were the first to lose their jobs. Secondly, the poor immediately spend any money they have. Middle class folks were using money to pay down debt...that is not what an economy in free fall needs. (I know you morons don't, can't or won't understand that point.)

Boehner said congressional Republicans are also concerned about the size of the package.

“Government can’t solve this problem,” he said.

Two problems with this idiotic passage.

First, the stimulus package wasn't too big...it was too small. This was considered at the time and a larger package was debated but it was politically impossible. So we got a weak package, an insufficient package. Why? Because REBULICANS refused to consider how bad things were....because they were pandering to people like the one who infest this site.

Second...govt was the only entity that could solve the problem. Consumers were not spending. Businesses were not spending. The only finger left to put in the dike was govt. Obama wasn't the danger in 2009...YOU people were (and continue to be). The ARRA was not perfect, no stimulus package is. There were some stupid things in it (cash for clunkers being the most well known). But this was toss the spaghetti against the wall time. It was throw the water, the pot and the whole f***ing stove at the wall time. You people are STILL too stupid to understand.

Final thoughts...it is stunning that you all STILL rail against a stimulus package that was put forth during the worst and most frightening economic period of our lives. You complain about the deficit it created. Yet govt stimulus, deficit funded stimulus is exactly the prescription for a flailing economy. And it worked. Had it been bigger...had it lasted a little longer...had it offered some larger assistance to homeowners, it would have worked better. But it worked.

Here we are 9 years later, with an economy that was already primed with low unemployment, low interest rates and low inflation...and the same idiot Republicans and their brain dead followers are cheering because they passed a stimulus package that is FAR larger, completely unnecessary and targeted to only the wealthiest?

Morons.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So in response you and the rest of the morons went and made a BIGGER mistake.

So YOU Admit Obama was a Mistake :yay:

Wha-who....yeah...you must be so proud to show how amazingly stupid you can be.

NOPE - Unemployment is down to 3.8%, tax cuts leading to bonuses, training, pay raises is up, Business OWNER Optimism for a brighter tomorrow is up, new trade agreements

Forcing China to the bargaining Table ... some movement by Norks to heel

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Now...here comes the fun part...here is the link (provided in the article) to the "I won" quote ... this is how to look stupid by not reading the source material:

Spin Baby Spin ....

https://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2009/01/23/obama-to-gop-i-won/

But Obama showed that in an ideological debate, he’s not averse to using a jab.

Challenged by one Republican senator over the contents of the package, the new president, according to participants, replied: “I won.”

The statement was prompted by Senate Minority Whip Jon Kyl of Arizona , who challenged the president and the Democratic leaders over the balance between the package’s spending and tax cuts, bringing up the traditional Republican notion that a tax credit for people who do not earn enough to pay income taxes is not a tax cut but a government check.

Obama noted that such workers pay Social Security and Medicare taxes, property taxes and sales taxes. The issue was widely debated during the presidential campaign, when Sen. John McCain, the Republican nominee, challenged Obama’s tax plan as “welfare.”

With those two words — “I won” — the Democratic president let the Republicans know that debate has been put to rest Nov. 4 .

Second ... govt was the only entity that could solve the problem.

:bs: it is NOT the JOB of the Gov. to stimulate the Economy - but Regulate with minimal intrusion, moderate taxes and a light touch [protecting consumers from bad stuff]

Consumers were not spending. Businesses were not spending.

yeah because NO ONE had any faith in Obama's Next More ... More Taxes, More Regulation
... look at 18 months of Trump OPTIMISM is WAY Up .... citizens feel comfortable spending money again

The only finger left to put in the dike was govt. Obama wasn't the danger in 2009...YOU people were (and continue to be). The ARRA was not perfect, no stimulus package is. There were some stupid things in it (cash for clunkers being the most well known). But this was toss the spaghetti against the wall time. It was throw the water, the pot and the whole f***ing stove at the wall time.

:bs:

You people are STILL too stupid to understand.

and there you have it folks, you are TOO Stupid or Selfish to make the right choice or understand what correct choices are

Here we are 9 years later, with an economy that was already primed with low unemployment, low interest rates and low inflation

Mighty Clever of Obama to time the economic improvements until AFTER he leaves office ......

... and the same idiot Republicans and their brain dead followers are cheering because they passed a stimulus package that is FAR larger, completely unnecessary and targeted to only the wealthiest?

Jealous Much ...

I am the smartest Mo'fr in the room

Last edited:

Hijinx

So in response you and the rest of the morons went and made a BIGGER mistake. Wha-who....yeah...you must be so proud to show how amazingly stupid you can be.

Obviously you are amazingly proud to show your stupidity you come in here several times a day and put it on display.

CPUSA

Now...here comes the fun part...here is the link (provided in the article) to the "I won" quote.. Hussein.jpg

And now, here comes the punchline to the sad joke that ran from Jan. 20, 2009 until Jan. 20, 2017...

i happened.jpg
Greatest President since Ronald Reagan...who was the greatest President since George Washington...Your criminals aren't even worthy of cleaning these great Americans toilets...

Hey Brony, there's a term for every time a Democrat occupies the White House...It's called Breaking & Entering